Dumping rubbish on tracks - sickening footage

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 05, 2015 at 20:56
ThreadID: 111004 Views:2419 Replies:6 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Apologies if this has already been posted, I've had a look and can't see it but it needs to be shared. I know I'm not alone when I say this makes my blood boil and I would be scared of what I might do if I ever caught anyone in the act of doing this. What is the mentality behind this behavior and how can it be stopped? No wonder parks are getting locked up but it's the people that do this that should be getting locked up. I can't even type properly I'm so bloody mad!

Back Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: Steve in Kakadu - Thursday, Feb 05, 2015 at 21:34

Thursday, Feb 05, 2015 at 21:34
Fortunately this crap doesn't happen in Kakadu, but do the wrong thing in the park and there is a very good chance you will be caught on camera, compliance are sick and tiered of people doing the wrong thing so those motion sensor camera's are now placed around the park, they are cheap enough that I have some at home.

AnswerID: 545426

Reply By: Idler Chris - Vic - Friday, Feb 06, 2015 at 00:27

Friday, Feb 06, 2015 at 00:27
Good on you Cruiser 74. Yes I have seen this before but I am sure many others here have not. If you thump them it may feel good but you will only get yourself in trouble too. How would like to have to pay these morons a couple of grand for dental work because you knocked some teeth out. The answer is take as many photo's and video of them as possible and pass it on to the land managers. I would also send copies to the States 4WD Association who will also follow it up. No harm in posting on all the social media sites as well.
What other people think of me is none of my business.
Do unto others what you would have them do unto you.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 545433

Follow Up By: Member - Cruiser74 - Friday, Feb 06, 2015 at 12:59

Friday, Feb 06, 2015 at 12:59
Very true Chris. Violence is not the answer but I am just stunned at how people can get away with it? It's obviously a known dumping ground so why is it allowed to continue? How you can get pinged for doing a few km's over the limit and fined when you're not intentionally breaking the law but this sort of stuff goes un-policed and unpunished?
FollowupID: 833032

Reply By: Tony H15 - Friday, Feb 06, 2015 at 09:08

Friday, Feb 06, 2015 at 09:08
I recently took a boot load of rubbish to the tip in Adelaide's southern suburbs, it cost me $70. No wonder people dump rubbish on the side of the road.!
AnswerID: 545453

Follow Up By: wr450tractor - Friday, Feb 06, 2015 at 11:44

Friday, Feb 06, 2015 at 11:44
Sorry old mate that is no excuse for dumping rubbish in the bush
FollowupID: 833018

Reply By: just - Friday, Feb 06, 2015 at 13:05

Friday, Feb 06, 2015 at 13:05
You'd be surprised now often these morons leave information in their rubbish that can identify them. Then the problem is getting the land owner to press charges - it's ussually easier and cheaper for them to issue a blanket closure on land access.
AnswerID: 545485

Reply By: Road Warrior - Friday, Feb 06, 2015 at 14:42

Friday, Feb 06, 2015 at 14:42
Sandgropers would have seen a media article last week about the amount of rubbish left at Harvey dam by so-called "Australia day revellers" who camped there for the long weekend. Rubbish, nappies, even a couch left behind. These scumbags are the reason places like that will be closed to the public, the government already closed Logue Brook dam because of contamination of the water source by people, they re-opened it under sufferance but you can bet your bottom dollar the end will be in sight if this keeps up

People just don't give a stuff anymore.
AnswerID: 545490

Follow Up By: Member - Cruiser74 - Friday, Feb 06, 2015 at 16:03

Friday, Feb 06, 2015 at 16:03
Hi mate,

Yes I saw that, there was also the huge amount of mess, broken bottles, cans and rubbish that was left piled up down at Meelup beach near Dunsborough over Australia day and I'm sure many other scenically beautiful locations around the country. Of the hundreds op people that were there only 4 blokes came back the next day and helped clean up. Kudos to them but why does the "I don't give a toss" brigade roll in such heavy numbers? I'm just staggered at the mentality that you would come and celebrate being an Australian while at the same time taking a massive crap on the very thing you profess to love about living here??
FollowupID: 833050

Follow Up By: Road Warrior - Friday, Feb 06, 2015 at 17:03

Friday, Feb 06, 2015 at 17:03
I don't know Cruiser, I just can't understand it at all. When I was growing up it was all about "keep Australia beautiful" and there were TV ads, school visits by that Captain Cleanup dude, amongst other things. But something happened along the way since then and now, people's mindset changed. People don't give a stuff, "I'm alright jack" or "I'll do what I want" or "don't tell ME what to do" etc, these will be the same people that scream blue murder when these nice public places become off limits because of THEIR behaviour.

Perhaps it is just another symptom of the decline of society's values, I dunno. Sad really.
FollowupID: 833053

Follow Up By: rocco2010 - Saturday, Feb 07, 2015 at 15:13

Saturday, Feb 07, 2015 at 15:13
Gidday

Just on Australia Day. I went to the Swan River foreshore for the fireworks for the first time in 20 years (under sufferance) and was amazed at the crowd behaviour.

It was excellent.

There was some press reporting in the following couple of days on how the event had changed from almost a continuous drunken rolling brawl to an event for families with few problems, hardly any arrests and no mountains of rubbish to be cleared.

The reason? No tolerance for drinking outside designated areas.

I enjoy a drink as much as the next bloke but if these types of crackdowns are the only way to deal with a problem then so be it

Cheers

FollowupID: 833121

Reply By: Member - Scott M (NSW) - Friday, Feb 06, 2015 at 17:22

Friday, Feb 06, 2015 at 17:22
Doesn't make it any better, however judging by the volume and contents of that rubbish, I suspect it's either locals or a local rubbish contractor dumping illegially.... if the police or local council were to put in some leg-work, there's a good chance they could track them down. These sort of idiots always make a mistake somewhere along the line. Unfortunately, illegal contrtactors do this ***t all over Australia. Couple of cases recently of asbestos dumped in the middle of streets in Sydney.

AnswerID: 545498

Follow Up By: Member - Scott M (NSW) - Friday, Feb 06, 2015 at 17:27

Friday, Feb 06, 2015 at 17:27
Forgot to add.... my point is I suspect appealing these type of peoples better nature ain't going to make one whit of difference, as their only interest is to save $$$ by avoiding dump fees. he only way to stop thes folks is to catch them in the act..
FollowupID: 833057

Sponsored Links