EOZi Problem

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 08, 2015 at 16:15
ThreadID: 111043 Views:1879 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Probably a note for David. Maybe a programming bug. Have been using EOZi for a while now but occasionally get frustrated when I try to increase or decrease the scale. The display will sometimes revert to the Page view showing all pages or jump to the Waypoint page. Then have to fiddle around a bit to get back to the Map view. Can be a bit distracting when driving.

Have been looking at it out of the car and think I have simulated it. If on the Map view page you touch both the plus and scale display together, (or maybe if you touch the plus and your finger rolls onto the scale display) the screen will change to the Waypoint page.
If you roll your finger over the minus and the scale display, the screen reverts to showing all pages.

Easy to do when you are driving on a rough road.

Other than that, all working ok and quite a useful tool.

Have posted a few other comments and things that could be improved (for us anyway) back on 22 Sep and 12 Oct last year. David, any plans to do an update on EOZi?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Original JohnR (Vic) - Sunday, Feb 08, 2015 at 19:10

Sunday, Feb 08, 2015 at 19:10
mepvic, have you found the OziExplorer Screen Designer? It sounds like you have the soft keys too close or too small for your fingers. You don't actually say what hardware you are using. Look down to where it discusses it Discussion here There is a version for OziCE and also for Android, but only to work on Windows PCs
AnswerID: 545596

Follow Up By: Member - mepvic - Sunday, Feb 08, 2015 at 20:06

Sunday, Feb 08, 2015 at 20:06
Thanks John. I am using a Samsung Note 10.1 tablet running Android 4.1.2.

The three soft buttons are about 12mm x 10mm and are about 2mm apart. That was how they were when I loaded the EOZi skin.

I have looked at the Android page of Ozi and it looks like I can download the screen designer onto my PC so I guess that it what you are referring to.

Can I use it to move the buttons of the Explore Oz skin or is it just for the Ozi controls?

Seems to me it is only putting a bandaid on the problem though. Would be better to look at the software and design out the problem.
FollowupID: 833210

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, Feb 09, 2015 at 14:44

Monday, Feb 09, 2015 at 14:44
I will try to simulate this and let you know. Would you mind sending me your other email from last year - I do get swamped and sometimes drop the ball - david at exploroz.com will be the easiest to send it.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 545620

Sponsored Links