Swift 500 Series cooktop/oven

Submitted: Wednesday, Feb 11, 2015 at 21:22
ThreadID: 111084 Views:4933 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I notice there are a couple of disappointing archived posts on these stoves already.

We've just set off on our maiden voyage in a brand new van, only to find on the 2nd day that the oven runs nowhere near set temperature! After 2 hours of waiting, we had to set it at maximum to cook a vege bake and chicken fillets!

Today we discovered that the electric hotplate doesn't even get hot enough to boil water ... even on maximum!

Are most Swift stoves like this, or are we just lucky ...?

Cheers, Bob

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Alan H (QLD) - Thursday, Feb 12, 2015 at 08:02

Thursday, Feb 12, 2015 at 08:02
We find that the oven has to be up high to be effective. We seldom use it.

In 7 years we have had to replace igniters and the fold down lid broke off(cracked) on one side. Swift supplied the part which I fitted quite easily.

Our van has been on GRR, Nathan river etc etc so it wasn't all on bitumen.

We don't have an electric element but the gas burners get a work out and they are fine.

Alan
AnswerID: 545754

Follow Up By: bobnmas - Thursday, Feb 12, 2015 at 08:31

Thursday, Feb 12, 2015 at 08:31
Thanks for that Alan ... gives me a little more confidence in the product :)
Cheers, Bob
FollowupID: 833376

Reply By: Member - JimRum. - Thursday, Feb 12, 2015 at 18:06

Thursday, Feb 12, 2015 at 18:06
We had the same problem with our Swift stove the electric hot plate would not heat up I cannot comment on the oven as our stove has a grill,gas operated,the hot plate we found that the lift-up lid is connected to a safety switch so you cannot put the lid down with it operating,we found that when you lift it up push the lid as far back as it will go,you will hear a clicking sound that is the cut-out connected to the lid with it pushed back try the hotplate.Ours heats up very quickly,try this solution first as if it still does not work it could be a fault in the stove.
AnswerID: 545784

Follow Up By: bobnmas - Thursday, Feb 12, 2015 at 21:41

Thursday, Feb 12, 2015 at 21:41
Thanks Jim, but it's certainly not the cut-out in our case ... it takes out all the gas and electricity to all elements, and they're all working, just not hot enough :(
Cheers, Bob
FollowupID: 833433

Sponsored Links