AOR ECLIPSE feedback wanted

Submitted: Friday, Feb 13, 2015 at 12:24
ThreadID: 111105 Views:3748 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi
Considering upgrading from a hard floor camper to hybrid.
Looking at Complete Campsite and AOR. Leaning to AOR as options and particularly ventilation looks good.
Any feedback from current AOR owners appreciated esp on any problems and options that you consider are really essential.
Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: peterdre - Friday, Feb 13, 2015 at 22:17

Friday, Feb 13, 2015 at 22:17
Put North Coast Campers on your list
Pedro
AnswerID: 545884

Reply By: LJME & LMG - Friday, Feb 13, 2015 at 23:13

Friday, Feb 13, 2015 at 23:13
Hi Outback Epicurean,

We have owned our AOR camper for three years now, after upgrading from our hard floor camper. We initially looked at the Eclipse, but ended up choosing the Quantum as we wanted an internal shower and dunny. We are extremely happy with our choice and have made some prolonged trips including SW Queensland, the Kimberley, Cape Leveque and the centre, as well as the Victorian High country. The build quality is excellent. We had a couple of small issues with components - eg our ctek battery charger failed - which were dealt with promptly.

It is a couple of years since I looked at the Complete Campsite Exodus. One comment would be that I believe that a true off-road van should not have a window on either the front or rear (opening or not) as it creates the possibility of water and dust ingress. I also prefer that the entire roof lifts up with plenty of windows in the pop top as it creates better airflow, without requiring a hatch in the roof.

The new Eclipse looks great, with lots of storage and an external shower pod. I cannot help with options (many of ours are now standard) except to say that we matched the wheels to our tow vehicle and we have found the firewood rack very handy! If you would like to discuss issues and options with other Eclipse owners, I suggest you ask AOR to give you access to their owners forum. They will be happy to organise that.

We have always found AOR a great company to deal with and their after service is second to none. If any issues do arise you can be confident that they will be resolved quickly and with as little hassle as possible. There is even an after hours emergency contact number, although we have been advised that running out of wine in a remote area does not constitute an emergency - go figure....

Good luck with the decision - all very exciting!
Cheers L&M

AnswerID: 545889

Reply By: Member - Wildmax - Friday, Feb 13, 2015 at 23:41

Friday, Feb 13, 2015 at 23:41
We've ordered an Eclipse for delivery in August, after this year's trip in our TVan (so we are making the same transition as outback epicurean, from hard floor camper to hybrid).
One of the telling factors in our decision was spending heaps of time with a fellow former TVan owner who changed over to an Eclipse, and was extremely positive. We also toured the AOR factory, spent plenty of time on their forum, and this week had a look at the latest specs the Melbourne caravan and camping show. We have found the design, fittings and the information available from AOR to be excellent. In my opinion the Eclipse layout is actually better than the AOR's Quantum, especially with the new shower pod.
We also seriously considered Track's Topaz, the RV Vista and North Coast Campers, also excellent units, but a combination of features and feedback put the Eclipse top of the list.
Good luck with your decision.
Wildmax
2018 Hilux and Black Wolf 210 tent - for the outback tracks less travelled
Formerly an AOR Eclipse and a TVan

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 545892

Follow Up By: Member - ROADKING - Saturday, Feb 14, 2015 at 04:24

Saturday, Feb 14, 2015 at 04:24
We were the same as L&M had a soft floor and upgraded to a Quantum. Travelled extensively throughout the out back, Kimberley, Great Central Highway ,Anne Beadell, Connie Sue ,Gary Highway etc etc without any issues at all. The build quality is excellent as well as the service and backup from AOR, I would probably go as far as to say they would be the best company I have ever dealt with.
Regards Jim
FollowupID: 833551

Follow Up By: richard - Saturday, Feb 14, 2015 at 12:45

Saturday, Feb 14, 2015 at 12:45
I have the AOR Eclipse version 1 and am happy with it but would be a lot happier with the new version.
This is due to additional storage and the internal lay out is much better and I agree the layout is even better than the quantum.
The new shower pod seems a good addition to me as you do give up a bit of room to have a shower/toilet internally. The new shower pod seems to be a very good alternative.

But the biggy for me has been the after sales support. This has Improved out of site since I first got my van. It was always OK but now it seems to be well organised and efficient and very receptive to customers ideas and questions.

I live 1300km away from them but will travel up to their base to get a service. There are agents all around the country but I have got to know the guys up there and have a son living close.

Also do as mentioned above, get on the user forum as you will get good advice and lots of info.
Good luck,

Richard

FollowupID: 833570

Follow Up By: Member - D&G SA - Saturday, Feb 14, 2015 at 13:32

Saturday, Feb 14, 2015 at 13:32
We have a quantum - very very pleased. For us the really important aspect is the tremendous after sales service!!!
FollowupID: 833575

Sponsored Links