Engineers certificates

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 09, 2004 at 12:20
ThreadID: 11117 Views:1816 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I was wondering who performs the vehicle engineers certification when modifications have been done. eg: Suspension.Is it the people who perform the modifications or your state deptartment of transport or road authority.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: flappan - Tuesday, Mar 09, 2004 at 12:47

Tuesday, Mar 09, 2004 at 12:47
There are certain Engineers within each state that are authorised to certify mods. Best to check your local Authority on who is authorised.
AnswerID: 49649

Reply By: Big Trev - Tuesday, Mar 09, 2004 at 13:25

Tuesday, Mar 09, 2004 at 13:25
Here is a list of Vicroads approved Engineers, I note that ther is some from other States.

link to Vicroads Vehicle Assessment Signatory Scheme
AnswerID: 49653

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Mar 09, 2004 at 14:49

Tuesday, Mar 09, 2004 at 14:49
the Bloke I used for mine in Melbourne.

Kevin Williams.
9434 7687.
0417 383 349.
AnswerID: 49663

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Tuesday, Mar 09, 2004 at 16:38

Tuesday, Mar 09, 2004 at 16:38
A simple phone call to your local road authority dept will give you a list of authorised Engineers in your local area (based on postcode). We used this method to find an engineer to provide an Engineeers Certificate for modifcations to seats in our old Troopy back in 1997. The certificate is then meant to be lodged with your insurance company to accompany your policy and you may be asked to produce it if you make a claim. FYI - cost to us was just $150! Surprisingly simple to obtain.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 49672

Sponsored Links