Mail

Submitted: Saturday, Feb 21, 2015 at 05:56
ThreadID: 111188 Views:1630 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
What do you do with your mail when you go away for few month
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Tony F8 - Saturday, Feb 21, 2015 at 07:31

Saturday, Feb 21, 2015 at 07:31
You have a couple of options, for bills etc you bpay while on the road, Australia Post can direct your mail to various post offices if you can give them info on where you expect to be. Worked for us when we did the big lap.
AnswerID: 546287

Reply By: TomH - Saturday, Feb 21, 2015 at 08:22

Saturday, Feb 21, 2015 at 08:22
Pay all our bills on line so no change there. Had mail redirected to a friends address.

They opened mail and notified us if anything required attention. Either scanned and emailed documents or saved them up for a few weeks and posted to a nominated PO
AnswerID: 546289

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Saturday, Feb 21, 2015 at 08:49

Saturday, Feb 21, 2015 at 08:49
A search (red button top RH corner) turns up a lot of answers. This thread seems to be one of the more recent ones.

Cheers,

Val
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 546292

Reply By: Grumblebum and the Dragon - Saturday, Feb 21, 2015 at 10:18

Saturday, Feb 21, 2015 at 10:18
We are on the road permanently and us 'Trail Mail' there are a lot of mail forwarding organisations. Talk to Mr Google.

John
AnswerID: 546304

Reply By: Motherhen - Saturday, Feb 21, 2015 at 14:07

Saturday, Feb 21, 2015 at 14:07
We are lucky that we have a daughter to handle our mail and scan and email anything we really need to see, so we don't need to use any mail forwarding or scanning services. This way we have never needed to receive surface mail.

Where possible, we have selected email rather than paper mail. All bank statements can be accessed on line, and most documents from share and security companies can also be accessed on line.

Rarely is paper mail important; boxes of it await our arrival at home and most of it gets binned. If it is a document that needs to be signed, that too can be emailed and as we don’t travel with a printer, it can be taken by USB drive to a public internet or resource centre for printing.

Bills are all paid on line, with the originals staying at home ready for bookkeeping and filing when I get back home. We are running a business.

Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 546330

Sponsored Links