Comment: Caiwarro

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 26, 2015 at 16:11
ThreadID: 111248 Views:2736 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I worked at Caiwarro & Currawinya in the late sixties...still go back to camp and look about..love the place and the serenity

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: ian.g - Thursday, Feb 26, 2015 at 18:23

Thursday, Feb 26, 2015 at 18:23
What happened here after the National Parks took over is a crying shame, Was Mrs Backs the housekeeper at the jackeroos quarters at Currawinya when you were there, she was our housekeeper at Isis Downs when I was there 62 to 65. Saw here at Currawinya approx. 1970 or 71 I think. Good old photos that I have enjoyed looking at
Regards Ian
AnswerID: 546627

Follow Up By: gidgea jack - Thursday, Feb 26, 2015 at 19:16

Thursday, Feb 26, 2015 at 19:16
g,day Ian,I don't recall there being a housekeeper at Currawinya when I was there..was at Caiwarro most of the 2.5 yrs before going to Boolcarrol..Bob Hosick was Caiwarro manager and Bill Hedger at Currawinya..loved the life in those days but didn't take much longer to realise other things payed a lot better money....don't know that Parks are to blame for the state of the places as the last owner ; Hamblin, I think bulldozed Caiwarro down as it was abandoned and vandals where trashing the place..I go there a fair bit when I can and just roam around and remember what it was like and the good memories I am lucky to have.
FollowupID: 834393

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Thursday, Feb 26, 2015 at 21:19

Thursday, Feb 26, 2015 at 21:19
Enjoyed you photos Jack! Look at that EH sedan..........they were THE vehicle back in the '60's.

Yeah, there's been plenty of wonderful buildings and infrastructure, destroyed by some misguided people's ideals and egos. But saying that, those station buildings in hot, dry climates are deteriorating at a more rapid rate, compared to buildings in a mild or more humid climate.

Glad you get back regularly to recharge the memories, and soak up the serenity.

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 546646

Sponsored Links