Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 03, 2015 at 12:24
ThreadID: 111310 Views:2484 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all, fyi

Important Notice: Your Pivotel Iridium Phone Settings
View this email in your browser

Important Notice: Your Pivotel Iridium Phone Settings

Dear Pivotel User,

As part of Iridium’s standard satellite network maintenance, Iridium must reset time settings on the Iridium Satellite Network. These time settings are scheduled to be reset on Wednesday 4th March, 2015 at 4:00am AEST (GMT+10).

For Pivotel Iridium satellite phone users, the reset will have no impact on service availability or on the ability to successfully complete calls or SMS messages. The only change you will notice is that the appearance of the date and time displayed on your Iridium phone will change to 29th December, 2007 at 5:26pm AEST (GMT+10) at the scheduled reset time and will progress from this time until your phone settings are adjusted.

To correct the time and date displayed on your Iridium satellite phone/s, you must update your phone settings after the network time settings are reset by Iridium on Wednesday 4th March.

"the only thing constant in my life is change"

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: Sat Phone Sales - Thursday, Mar 05, 2015 at 21:57

Thursday, Mar 05, 2015 at 21:57
Good of you to provide the "heads up" dingo.

As mentioned there should be no issues for those provisioned "locally". There may be issues for those on non local services / SIMS and older firmware levels.

If you experience problems please contact us and we'll try to assist. Please don't expect us to answer on the forum, will my "xyz" service be affected? There are just too many variables involved. If you are experiencing issues after the epoch change please contact us directly.

Regards,

Kev
AnswerID: 549479

Reply By: The Explorer - Saturday, Mar 07, 2015 at 13:06

Saturday, Mar 07, 2015 at 13:06
Hello - from the internet...

Follow the instructions below to update the time settings of your Iridium 9505A, 9555 & Iridium Extreme due to the Iridium network time change/re-epoch. The Iridium GO! will handle the time change automatically.

Solution: Restore Time Settings for Iridium 9555 & Iridium Extreme

1. Dial *#99#2014051114235500#

2. Press the green key

3. Power handset off

4. Power handset on

5. Allow handset to register to the network

6. Handset will now display the correct time

Note: If the time displayed is incorrect, check your time zone settings by proceeding with the following

7. Press Menu

8. Scroll to Setup and press Select

9. Scroll to Time & Date and press Select

10. Scroll to Select Time Zone and press Select

11. Choose the desired UTC time zone and press Select

12. Handset will now display the correct time

Solution: Restore Time Settings for Iridium 9505A

1. Press Menu

2. Scroll to Phone Setup and press OK

3. Scroll to Set Time and Date and press OK

4. Scroll to Set Home Time + Date and press OK

5. Enter the current time in 24hr format and press OK

6. Enter the current date (dd/mm/yy) and press OK

7. Press and hold the C button to exit the menu

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 549549

Sponsored Links