Thread ID's Missing

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 03, 2015 at 20:28
ThreadID: 111327 Views:1770 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Now before we get emails saying what has happened to the thread id numbers I thought I would tell you. I am about to run some processes to convert the existing blog comments system to the newer and more updated reviews/comments system. This system as you may know (or maybe not) uses the forum database to store the comments and reviews used on articles, pages, shop products etc.

Well to cut to the chase - the blogs system has about 5500 comments loaded and in this conversion this many thread ids will disappear. So no it is not some moderation gone mad or other dubious activity. It is just me moving bulk data around the system.

It will make zero difference to any part of the system except for Blog comments and reviews. Once the conversion has gone through we will let people know about the updates but really it standardises the comments system and allows for blog comments to follow standard forum logic and data flow.

Hope you are all well out there in internet land and well into planning this years adventures - I know we are...

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mick O - Tuesday, Mar 03, 2015 at 23:26

Tuesday, Mar 03, 2015 at 23:26
Where are you going this year?
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''