Gibb River Road Bus Service

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 11, 2004 at 23:50
ThreadID: 11187 Views:3351 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,
I have just had a question regarding getting a person back to a town while on the Gibb River road. This is not the first time I have been asked about this, for example one of the party only has time to do part of the trip.
Until this season it has been almost impossible, unless you were lucky enough to fluke a plane or vehicle heading the way you needed to go but the question brought to my mind that others may also be interested in the following info.
I have recently had a letter from a company setting up a new service called
Gibb River Road Bus Services
ph (08) 91 69 1880
They will run Kununurra to Derby 3 days a week and Derby to Kununurra 3 days a week.
This may suit someones need, I don't have a timetable yet, I don't have prices, you would need to contact them direct.
It also opens the possibility of people getting the bus out staying at a chosen destination and getting bus back a few days later. At this time it is only the Gibb River Road but they say they are considering adding the Kalumburu Road at some time.
cheers, Anne

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Anne from Drysdale River Station - Friday, Mar 12, 2004 at 04:50

Friday, Mar 12, 2004 at 04:50
PS
I should probably have also said this is not a comfort / sightseeing tour bus it is a 4X4 Isuzu with passenger seating travelling direct only which will also carry freight for the stations etc along the road.
It will also be a great help for people broken down in the area and wanting parts in a rush, especially big parts. We used to have to wait weeks between trucks or pay / charge a fortune to fly stuff out ( IF it would fit on a plane) or if friends traveling together the mate would sometimes do the long drive to town for the parts for his friends broken vehicle.
A service like this will make a big difference, giving a lot of options we never had before.
Hope none of you need it for parts while in our area !
cheers, Anne
AnswerID: 50039

Sponsored Links