Day Trip to Toolangi - Thanks Eric

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 14, 2004 at 22:18
ThreadID: 11246 Views:2032 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All
Just a short note to say many thanks to Eric for arranging the day trip to Toolangi State Forest today.

Muddy Girl, my two children and myself had arranged to meet with Eric and a few of his friends for some fun in the forest.

We had a ball to say the least.
This was my first time to Toolangi and will certainly not be the last. The scenery is brilliant.
The place is loaded with great tracks of varying degrees of difficulty.
We had tracks ranging from very steep rough rocky tracks to deep bog holes and everything in between.

We had some action on both the recovery and tyre fronts.
With a certain Nissan Patrol requiring mutiple winching from it's short excursion's into the mud, in all fairness due to a lack of suited tyres more than the ability of the vehicle. The same Nissan also spun a tyre on the rim.
A certain Pajero required a winch recovery after trying an exceptional bog hole and not quite making the grade, good fun though.

A very expensive Range Rover showed exceptional ability considering it had road tyres only. Surprisingly it did most tracks without to much trouble, although some aggressive driving by the owner helped.
It also suffered one punture and a slow leak through a valve on the spare requiring a top up mid track.

I must add that Erics 80 series showed itself well and also a 100 series that was with us did more than asked of it.

Last but not least my poor old Troopy held it's ground without getting bogged or having any tyre problems, (Phew)
Also Muddy kept her pants on today but was bleep tered by the broken finger nail that she sustained during the course of action.

A great day with a good bunch of people and a great time was had by all.

Many Thanks again Eric we look forward to the next trip with you.

Kind Regards

John & Muddy Girl
VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member Eric - Sunday, Mar 14, 2004 at 22:29

Sunday, Mar 14, 2004 at 22:29
It is a pleasure to have people like yourselves along . Had a ball also will email the pic's tomorrow for you . We wont go on about the Nissan , but we both had the same tyres John lol
AnswerID: 50337

Follow Up By: John - Sunday, Mar 14, 2004 at 22:32

Sunday, Mar 14, 2004 at 22:32
Sssshhhh Don't tell anyone else, I did not want to start a Toyota V Nissan thing, You know what I mean. LOL

Thanks Mate
John

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 312147

Reply By: Willem - Monday, Mar 15, 2004 at 07:37

Monday, Mar 15, 2004 at 07:37
"Last but not least my poor old Troopy"

John, if your Troopy is 'Old' what is mine?..............

Glad to see that you youngsters had a good day out playing in the forest and that your girl Muddy kept her pants on :-)))

Cheers,

PS Range Rovers will outgun most other 4bies in the rough stuff even with road tyres.
AnswerID: 50353

Follow Up By: John - Monday, Mar 15, 2004 at 21:04

Monday, Mar 15, 2004 at 21:04
Hi Willem
"Err you don't have a Troopy". "Yet". LOL

Kind Regards
John

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 312242

Follow Up By: Willem - Monday, Mar 15, 2004 at 21:17

Monday, Mar 15, 2004 at 21:17
I'll have yours when you buy a new one next month. Ta. LOL
FollowupID: 312244

Reply By: Member - Toonfish - Monday, Mar 15, 2004 at 12:46

Monday, Mar 15, 2004 at 12:46
Must admit it is a great spot up there and will plan an overnighter up there to make the most of the time away.
was there last year for 3 days prior to x-mas and had a ball.

although it never made it to the steep hill tracks in the mud as i was on my own .
AnswerID: 50384

Sponsored Links