Comment: Our Troopy Set-Up

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 28, 2014 at 19:03
ThreadID: 112651 Views:2135 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Guys
your blog is just amazing...i am digesting it in parts while designing our toyota...thank you so much for sharing. Right now i am trying to select a kitchen and a sink, but also inverters (laptops. charging other technology devices), lights inside, i love music so want to install some little speakers inside, not sure what roof console to use above the driver...lots of questions, also fly screen - do you use them? magnetic ones or you customised? also...is anyone using Waeco cooler installed between the front seats? i was considering it as well as the space is a waste in my view and not comfortable.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 00:59

Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 00:59
Hi Margaret,

Our pleasure to share!

Flyscreens - an essential - we have cut fibreglass mesh to fit two of the side windows and the front door windows. We've attached magnetic strip around the edges to hold them to the outside of the vehicle - works well. We carry them flat under the mattress.

Speakers, bed lights etc - see the photos above for how we've gone about it. The housings are held in place by the Troopy roof bars. (BTW, it's not generally known - you can click on any photo for a bigger image.)

Agree that there's wasted space with a Troopy's 2 1/2 seat arrangement, but we haven't done anything with that 1/2 space. Think I'd be reluctant to add another fridge to the setup - it all costs electricity! You might find our blog Electricity for Camping a useful read - the link is at the bottom of the main EO blogs index page.

Cheers

John

J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 547505

Sponsored Links