Lost Reply

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 16, 2004 at 21:32
ThreadID: 11307 Views:1207 Replies:5 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Guys,
On two seperate occasions I have spent some reasonable amount of time writing a reply to a post only to loose the letter because the site tells me I am not logged on, which I know clearly I was both times. Very frustrating. Any Ideas?
Regards
Joe
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Captain (WA) - Tuesday, Mar 16, 2004 at 22:17

Tuesday, Mar 16, 2004 at 22:17
Hi Joe, its caused because you have not ticked the "auto logon" in the log on page. Your session times out and you are logged off automatically. Just tick the auto log on.

But there is a trick to get around it! After initially logging on and typing your reply, you find you have been logged off. Simply log back on (the screen automaticlly takes you to the logon page). Once logged on again, hit the back button, hit the OK on the "not logged on" pop up, and again hit the back button again. You will find you are now logged on, back on the reply page AND you reply is magically returned(recovered from your PC's cache). I found this trick after typing long winded replies and timing out.

Cheers

Mark
AnswerID: 50606

Follow Up By: Member - Ed. C.- Tuesday, Mar 16, 2004 at 22:25

Tuesday, Mar 16, 2004 at 22:25
Bugger!!! Now ya tell me!!! (lol)

Had this same problem on several occasions, & couldn't work out what the h*ll was going on!
Eventually figured out the "auto log-on" thing...

Thanks for the explanation.. Might just print this for future reference...

Regards, Ed. C.
Confucius say.....
"He who lie underneath automobile with tool in hand,
....Not necessarily mechanic!!"

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 312395

Reply By: Willem - Tuesday, Mar 16, 2004 at 22:23

Tuesday, Mar 16, 2004 at 22:23
The trick is not to be too long winded...hahahahaha

Another thing you can do is to write your story in Word or Notepad and then copy and paste from there to the forum.
AnswerID: 50609

Reply By: Voxson (Adelaide) - Tuesday, Mar 16, 2004 at 22:32

Tuesday, Mar 16, 2004 at 22:32
Make sure your cookies are turned on...........
AnswerID: 50613

Follow Up By: Member - Peter (York) - Tuesday, Mar 16, 2004 at 22:44

Tuesday, Mar 16, 2004 at 22:44
Voxon how the hell do you turn on your cookies ?,( and why do you have more than one). I only have one and she wont let me in the kitchen when she is C482 , let alone try and turn her on LOL
FollowupID: 312398

Follow Up By: Voxson (Adelaide) - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 17:01

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 17:01
Just tell her you are taking her on a romantic vacation to show her how much you care for her.......
Tell her you have tropical watersports in mind....
Then kick her out for the river crossings up north,,, works for me...
FollowupID: 312488

Reply By: Member - StevenL - Tuesday, Mar 16, 2004 at 23:31

Tuesday, Mar 16, 2004 at 23:31
One little trick if you are replying with any more than a couple of paragraphs is to copy your reply to the clipboard just before you hit the Submit button.

When you finish the reply, highlight all the text, then hit Ctrl-C (or right click and hit copy).

If something happens then your reply will be in the Windows clipboard and you can paste it back into a new response window if needed.

If you want to be ultra safe then paste a copy into Word or notepad, or do as Willem suggests and compose your response in Word or Notepad and then copy and paste it when you are ready to submit.

There is nothing worse than retyping something all over again, although many times you will find that you say it more succinctly the second time!

StevenL
AnswerID: 50629

Reply By: Hatcher - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 10:19

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 10:19
I always type my posts in Word and then use the spell check before posting on EO. It makes it easier for others to do an archive search when there aren’t 2657 different spellings of the same word ; )

Sorry, this comes from frustration of searching for a post I remember reading but for the life of me can never find again.
AnswerID: 50662

Sponsored Links