GU patrol

Bruised ego

Explore oz team Troopy .... 80 series Cruiser ........ No damadge

. I hope this dosnt stop you from coming away on a day trip guys lol
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Willem - Tuesday, Mar 16, 2004 at 22:27

Tuesday, Mar 16, 2004 at 22:27
All plurry soft trucks, if you ask me...or bad drivers...hahahahahaha

Must come down your way Eric and take the truck out into your wild country :-)
AnswerID: 50611

Follow Up By: John - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 00:03

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 00:03
Hi Willem
That would be interesting, your old Nissan in some real Victorian off road stuff not like that soft desert crap in outback SA. LOL.

Regards
John
VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 312408

Follow Up By: Willem - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 19:53

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 19:53
Hello John,

I can show you some tracks in the Flinders which'll make your pretty bus wince. We will have to have a competition. First I'll come down there and be embarassed and them you can come up here and be embarassed....hahahahaha

Cheers.
FollowupID: 312511

Follow Up By: John - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 19:58

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 19:58
Hi Willem
Your on, "When are you coming over" ?

Catch you soon

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 312512

Reply By: Member - The ghost - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 18:52

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 18:52
Didn't I read a couple of threads back that everybody had "fun" on that outing, glad I wasn't there. You forgot to mention damage to the enviroment, no wonder the tracks are being closed.
AnswerID: 50722

Follow Up By: Member Eric - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 19:10

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 19:10
And what damadge would that be ? We dont bag people who go soft off road , so why bad people who like it hard . You were not there to coment on damadge to tracks ,If you have ever been to the harder tracks to Toolangi you would know how difficult they can be to get up. Some of the tracks are rocks ect, if you deside to try them, its up to you . Oups we didnt put the bolders back that our tyres kicked away , we are a bad lot . If we made our own tracks and damadges the forest , then I would be Pi**ed off also , this was not the case here.
FollowupID: 312499

Follow Up By: John - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 20:25

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 20:25
Ghost
Eric is correct we stayed on all forestry tracks open to 4wd's.
At no stage did we leave the designated track.

A mirrror was hit by a tree branch and was busted, In my language " bleep happens" we all suffered scratches from the trees encroaching on the track.
I don't know if you have trees in your part of the world over here we do and nobody goes out each week to trim them so they encroach on the track so if we brush them in passing is that being environmentally unsound ? or just they way it is.

We had to pass through some very deep bog holes and ruts and some vehicles contacted the sides and sustained some damage, is that being environmentally unsound ? or just they way it is.

One track in particular was very steep and very very rocky, it required a great deal of driver skill and courage to climb due to the very sharp and loose rocks and steps in the track.
One vehicle suffered tyre damage due to these types of track conditions.

I have to admit that I too did not get out of my car and replace each rock that was dislodged, is that being environmentally unsound ? or just they way it is.

I have a problem with people who are quick to criticise and jump to the wrong conclusion, It is this type of stupid comment that has done nothing to support or enhance the image of the 4wd fraternity.

I look at your member photo's and could label you as an environmental vandal also, just look at the errossion you are causing to the environment by driving on that sandy track or crossing that river.

But I would not accuse you of that as I understand that this is what we do and as long as we stick to the tracks that we are allowed to be on and do the right thing then we are OK.

And yes it was a fun 4wd day, on tracks rated medium to hard.
In fact it was a bloody great day.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 312518

Reply By: Alfred - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 22:24

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 22:24
Sounds like good old 4wding fun.
I'm interested in checking out Toolangi and those hard tracks. Could Eric or John assist a fellow forumite from NSW with maps covering the area and recommended tracks? Possibly could meet for a trip in the future.

Cheers and happy 4 wheelin.
Alfred (Smithfield NSW)

PS. I'm heading down to Davie's High Plain and Mt Pinnibar for Easter. Can you recommemd any medium/hard grade tracks in the area?
AnswerID: 50779

Follow Up By: Member Eric - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 22:39

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 22:39
Havent been to Mt Pinnibar , but Toolangi state forest maps are evrywere , make sure you get the one showing all the bog holes . When your here let us know , someone will come out for a play
FollowupID: 312552

Follow Up By: John - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 23:24

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 23:24
Hi Alfred
The map you want is one of the Rooftop Series, called Toolangi - Black Range Forest Activities Map.
It shows quite a bit of detail and includes the bog holes that Eric refers to. Maybe not all of them though.

Information Victoria is where I purchased this one, they seem to have a very good range of everything you could want to cover Victoria.
I believe they have a web site, buggerd if I know what it is though, do a search and you should find it.
I to have never been to My Pinnibar so I can't help with that one.

If your down this way give us a yell and we will see if we can organise to meet up with a few from the Vic side of the site.

Regards
John

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 312560

Reply By: Member - The ghost - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 22:53

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 22:53
John don't know where you are referring to as over there because in fact I come from the area in question and in reply to yourself and Eric I am very familiar with Toolangi State Forest having spent many years working on the Forests Commission when it was called such maintaining the tracks in the area as fire trails ,not weekend slippery dips. As I said before creating damage of any kind is not my idea of fun. But I must concede it is a great part of the world. And by the way Eric there is no d in damage.
AnswerID: 50789

Follow Up By: Member Eric - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 23:02

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 23:02
So thats your comeback ? the fact that i cant spell . Everyone on this forum knows that , nothing new . So your point is that we shouldnt even be there . Is that right ? We should cruise our 4bys up chapel st ?
FollowupID: 312554

Follow Up By: John - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 23:38

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 23:38
Ghost
I can't fathom your comments.
They certainly contradict your vehicle set up.
Why do you have Diff Locks, A Winch or for that matter off road wheels and tyres.
To me you set your vehicle up like that to cope with the possibility of difficult tracks and conditions.

Unless they are only for show and you use your truck only in Chappel St.
God forbid you might actually find that you have lost traction on a slippery track and require your diff lock to get you out.
Just be carefull you don't damage the track with that loss of traction or damage a tree with your winch.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 312563

Reply By: Member - The ghost - Thursday, Mar 18, 2004 at 10:27

Thursday, Mar 18, 2004 at 10:27
John
Doesn't surprise me you can't fathom my comments, still can't see why damaging vehicles is fun, wouldn't have me laughing out loud. Your putting to much emphasis on the enviromental issue, and there is no Chapel st ( only 1 p ) in Toolangi. Pleased you like my rig, it gets me serious places and you won't see it in the Chapel st your referring to, I image you will be parked there covered in mud.
You can have the last say.
AnswerID: 50821

Follow Up By: Member Eric - Thursday, Mar 18, 2004 at 17:58

Thursday, Mar 18, 2004 at 17:58
Goast
FollowupID: 312662

Follow Up By: Member Eric - Thursday, Mar 18, 2004 at 18:08

Thursday, Mar 18, 2004 at 18:08
Goast

I just want to point out a couple of things here . You are the one that made the coment about enviroment dmadge . Now you have changed you tune to us damaging cars . We all enjoy difrent aspects of 4 w driving . I respect what you like to call 4 w driving , you dont have to enjoy what we do . I dont know anyone that goes out to damadge there vehicles on purpose . We enjoy trieng dificault tracks , if I did do damadge It wont be on purpose , but I also wont loose sleep over it . I enjoy what i do and that what counts to me . Let me tell you also that John wasnt in any way interested in pushing his car further that he had to . But he stoped were he though was enough and became a spectator . Some of the guys with us have purchased 4 bys that dont stress them if they scrape a rock or so forth . All in all a fun day with a lot of action. I dont want to degrade what you do and I wish you could also respect our view on 4 w driving. Now you can do 2 things here . One is listen to what I have tried to explaine , or 2 you can sit here and coment on my spelling . Choise is yours
FollowupID: 312666

Sponsored Links