Comment: Product Review No.1 - Toyo Open Country MT tyres (285/75-R16) & Speedie

G'day Mick,

6 Toyos are going onto our Toyota for our Birdsville/Gulf trip this year.

We have a great tyre dealer locally that I have been dealing with for years.
I folded just before Christmas and bought two Cooper AT3s. By January 3 one tyre was dead with a 50mm stake hole in the sidewall.
Me and Gary, the tyre guy, had a cry together and then started talking about what the Cruiser was going to be shod with. My darling missus made it certain no Coopers were going on our rims. Gary's well aware of the country we travel on and he knows I hate tearing sidewalls.

I asked about the Toyo Open Country MTs. We checked out their build details, had a good look at them and he looked up the price - $310 each for 265/75R16 LTs.
Toyo are big in the USA and they're trying to get a decent foothold in the Australian market so they pricing their way in. I can actually get a better price but I don't want to advertise how atm, but it might be of interest to you in the future.
It wasn't just the price that swayed me but and I have to say your reviews have helped me make up my mind.

I hate buying tyres because it's a big investment and I don't want to be stuck with dodgy tyres in the middle of nowhere. We'll be a month away from any town of note so I'm relying in these lumps of rubber to make sure our trip is a good one.

Thanks for all the info you share with everyone.

Hoo roo,
Steve

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mick O - Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:02

Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:02
Steve, sorry about the tardiness of the reply. It's good though because I'd love to hear how the Toyo's have performed on the vehicle. How about updating us with another Blog comment.

Cheers mate and safe travels for 2015. Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 547714

Sponsored Links