Comment: True remote Simpson Desert Travel - Simpson Geo Expedition ‘06

Good to find your report Stephen, a good read and appreciate the pics.
I am one of a small group doing this very early May, BV to Mt Dare.
Can you tell me, are permits needed for small section traversed on Colson Tk through to Old Andado ?
Any other permits needed form Geo to the main tracks around Ol Andado and Andado ?
I read somewhere that Andado permission is needed to traverse the route too.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:03

Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:03
Hi Les

When we did the Geo trip back in 2006, the land around Geosurvey Hill and the Geographical Centre was still all Crown Land. As for permits for Andado Station, I made regular contact with Jo from Andado. It was a curtesy thing to let them know that we would be passing through their property and she explained that they do appreciate it. I know that there have been a large of number of exploration tracks now out from Old Andado and not sure of the condition on these tracks.

Give Jo a call and she will be able to point you in the right direction.

Also another important note... if you are travelling from the east, and tend to head out into the true heart of the Simpson, it will be an extremely hard trip, and the approach of the virgin dunes will be very hard, with no run ups possible because to the true virgin sate of the country out there. I know that the third dune that we crossed heading east after leaving the Colson Track would have been totally impossible to tackle from the east, it was so steep and lots of vegetation to stop all progress.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 547773

Sponsored Links