Easter destination from Perth

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 18, 2004 at 17:24
ThreadID: 11365 Views:3329 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,

Well after a long absence from the forum I'm back...albiet probably spasmodically though! Anyway, I'm trying to find a suitable bush camping destination for Easter but not having much luck so I'm hoping one of my fellow formumites can come up with a few suggestions. Criteria are within easy reach of Mandurah/Perth, bush camping away from the hoards, an area of some interest, maybe even some water for swimming (or at least paddling) to keep the littl'n happy. Haven't yet decided on whether to just go away for the 4 day break or take an extra week.

Did the Holland Track & Cave Hill Woodlines last year and loved it. Have considered doing this trip again but would prefer to do something different.

Thanks in advance...

:o) Melissa
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Hedonist - Thursday, Mar 18, 2004 at 18:11

Thursday, Mar 18, 2004 at 18:11
Hi Melissa,

Welcome back and congrats on the new addition!

Not sure how far 'easy reach' is, - we're planning a return trip to Shark Bay over Easter - probably a bit far to travel for the four day break, but certainly a goer if you take the extra week...

We're looking for a weekend getaway for the week before easter as well - Trying to come up with an alternative to Lane Poole reserve which is our usual 'quick weekend away destination- so will be interested to hear other's suggestions.

Cheers,
Pete
AnswerID: 50916

Reply By: Davoe - Thursday, Mar 18, 2004 at 18:45

Thursday, Mar 18, 2004 at 18:45
I will taking my usual beachside jaunt East of Esperance to Thomas river which has excellent campgrounds and a creek for paddling not to mention the fishing before heading back to Kalgoorlie via a detour either to mt burdett or peak charles fair way from perth I guess but then that is why it is less crowded
AnswerID: 50920

Reply By: Member - Peter (York) - Thursday, Mar 18, 2004 at 19:21

Thursday, Mar 18, 2004 at 19:21
Hi Melissa , have you had a look down around Moores hut ,in Dex NP there is a nice camp stop close to the beach 5 min from the hut ,worth a visit before it gets to cold down there ,I have a track file for Ozi if you want it
AnswerID: 50925

Reply By: Member - Des Lexik(SA) - Thursday, Mar 18, 2004 at 22:37

Thursday, Mar 18, 2004 at 22:37
Nice Rig photo Melissa, noticed you haven't been active on EO. Hope things have been going well for you and Bub's
AnswerID: 50978

Reply By: Member - Andrew & Jen (Melb) - Friday, Mar 19, 2004 at 15:14

Friday, Mar 19, 2004 at 15:14
Nice pic of the baby who's name I have fogotten! Well done thinking about camping with a newborn bubby - must be the benefit of a Camprite! Can't help with camping sites in WA but Birdsville sounds nice - 45C, flies, dust and Ruth.
Andrew
AnswerID: 51059

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Mar 19, 2004 at 21:52

Friday, Mar 19, 2004 at 21:52
I find it hard to believe there is anywhere really WORTH going anywhere anymore on ANY long weekend that isnt full of bleep heads, losers tryin to ruin everyones fun or just gabillions of people...

Stay home, take the week off after easter, theres NOBODY around then...
AnswerID: 51103

Sponsored Links