Variety Club Donations

Submitted: Friday, Mar 19, 2004 at 20:06
ThreadID: 11391 Views:1578 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Thanks for the support everyone we have had many more donations today.

We have had a few questions related to the payment of the small fee to process donations for the Variety club. Michelle did write a few lines on this in the Variety Club page (LHS Click on Charity Logo).

Basically if you wish to pay by credit card - We need to cover the credit card processing charges and also the bank charges to deposit and withdraw the moneys for the donations. Generally donations to events such as this cannot be processed by credit card and as ExplorOz does not currently charge a fee for using credit cards the only easy way that we could work out to make this whole thing work (without have to write a CC handling fee into the shop system) was to leave the base freight rules in place for the processing.

For a receipt supplied by Variety for a $5.00 donation paid via credit card we lose a percentage to merchant fee, a fee for the transaction, a deposit fee for the money to be transferred to our account, a government charge and bank charge to withdraw it again. We then give it to Variety and a receipt is created and sent. Basically it works out at a min of around 80 cents for the process for one single $5 donation. Bloody banks - if we could work out a better way we would. Please understand that we are not trying to rip you off, we are simply trying to offer a CC donations system to the process for the convienence of our readers.

To donate without a fee please send a cheque payable to Variety Club of WA (to our address - see contacts page) for what ever amount you wish to donate to this charity. We will ensure that a tax deductable receipt is sent to you regardless of payment type.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Friday, Mar 19, 2004 at 20:10

Friday, Mar 19, 2004 at 20:10
Oh forgot - the other way to miss/transfer the fee would be to combine your donation with a purchase of one of our excellent products from the online shop. We have heaps of new items that Juliana is added almost every other day so keep your browser open and mouse at the ready.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 51090

Reply By: Member -Bob & Lex (Sydney) - Saturday, Mar 20, 2004 at 14:00

Saturday, Mar 20, 2004 at 14:00
David I noticed in the news letter you are still short of the entry fee. how much more do you need? Sent ours weeks ago but suppose I should buy something & send some more so we can see the trip live on exploroz
AnswerID: 51154

Sponsored Links