What a shame it comes to this.

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 20, 2004 at 12:48
ThreadID: 11408 Views:1840 Replies:5 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Over the past I have purchased a lot of accessories for the 4by and a lot of money I have saved from advice has been at the hands and help of a chap by the name of Chris at the WA based Osborne Park branch of ARB.. The poor fellow has had his pride and joy cruiser stolen just recently and it has disheartened him tremendously. Not wanting to do it all again and quitting hit job etc…

I know what it feels like as do a lot of others out there to see your own go down the street with out you in it.

What a shame it comes to this.
If any locals are in the area. Drop in and cheer him up a bit.. think he might be on the ARB stand at the show today as well.

Best wishes to all

Bill and Diane
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: rolande- Saturday, Mar 20, 2004 at 15:41

Saturday, Mar 20, 2004 at 15:41
Bill,
In Wa you need an immobiliser by law, correct?? If so they must have been pretty desperate to take it. Just a reminder to all not to forget security when looking for "goodies" for the 4B
rolande
AnswerID: 51165

Follow Up By: Member - Bill (WA) - Saturday, Mar 20, 2004 at 16:15

Saturday, Mar 20, 2004 at 16:15
They work wonderfully yes, but in this case they broke into his house and took his keys.

not much an immobiliser can do then. unless is hidded or the like.

cheers

Bill
FollowupID: 312906

Follow Up By: Davoe - Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 12:09

Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 12:09
thanks for the tip- my keys just sit on the kitchen table and I ride to work
FollowupID: 313084

Reply By: Bilbo - Saturday, Mar 20, 2004 at 17:19

Saturday, Mar 20, 2004 at 17:19
Bill,

I'm in W.A. as well. Housebreaking for the car keys is now the most common method of stealing cars - I have friends in "The Plod". My son recently had his Nissan sports car stolen by housebreaking, Broke in, stole his car keys anda unique family heirloom gold ring, but left his CD collection, Sony Playstation, DVD player, sound system and video camera. They just wanted the car. It was finally in a high speed pursuit along Great Eastern Highway and eventually stopped when the "knobber" that was "driving" (?) it wrapped it round a power pole. Hmmmm,,,,,,,,it was 0330 hours and "the plod" couldn't catch it,,,,hmmmmmmm. Must have a word with my boy about that ;)

Anyway, don't leave yer car keys anywhere that they can be easily lifted. If you go out without the car - hide 'em.

Bilbo
AnswerID: 51175

Follow Up By: V8troopie - Sunday, Mar 21, 2004 at 01:31

Sunday, Mar 21, 2004 at 01:31
Yes, the fanciest alarm is no good if the thief gets hold of the keys.

I favour the old fashioned way of immobilising, no central locking nor noisy alarms in my old car. It won't start with the keys though, there are two seperate 'things' that prevent it.
It would need an auto electrician with lots of time to get the car going.

Klaus
FollowupID: 312955

Follow Up By: Leroy - Sunday, Mar 21, 2004 at 10:43

Sunday, Mar 21, 2004 at 10:43
Years ago a friend of mine had a relay switched off his heater fan. It had to be switched on before he could start his car!!

Leroy
FollowupID: 312977

Reply By: lizard - Sunday, Mar 21, 2004 at 17:43

Sunday, Mar 21, 2004 at 17:43
Don't make it too difficult for the crooks to find and steal your car , cause all they do then is car-jack you at stop lights etc - and belt us up in the process !!!
We dare not lock them up !!
AnswerID: 51271

Reply By: Member - Alan- Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 18:57

Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 18:57
A few years ago my son had "locals" attempting to break into his WRX and when they couldn't because of the alarm going off, they came back to break into his place.
He had them sussed though and switched on the outside lights after taking pictures of a big brown hand coming through the broken glass of his front door, pictures of the stolen Honda they'd driven to his place, which the driver then chucked into reverse and knocked down a carport complete with car in it!
More great clear pictures of the culprits which the police had developed. But would they use them even though they knew who they were? "No" the answer was "they've got to be full frontal shots or they'll just get off" !!!!!
Pictures were published in the West Australian. The police advised he move and get rid of the car as they were going to get his car even if they had to beat him and his flat mate to get the keys!
What a place to live where justice can't be done because of the guilt feelings of bloody politicians!!
AnswerID: 51450

Reply By: Member - Bill (WA) - Tuesday, Mar 23, 2004 at 12:38

Tuesday, Mar 23, 2004 at 12:38
It is so wrong that the penalties or the lack of, make it more then worth while to commit these crimes...
I was sickened and to some point disturbed to hear on my police scanner one day about 3 months ago that a person had attempted to steal a car from an address in Perth. Failed, broke into the house assaulted the woman that was there and hit a child 1yo that died not long after... then left with the VCR... all over about a 30 min period. What was more sickening there was no emotion what so ever in the voices of the police. Not knocking them in any way but it was if this wasn’t a one off situation... like it was almost common place... Did this reach the news...? No... I watched to see if it did.

And my daughter said to me as I was leaving her place last week after a visit, A one bed apartment where she lives by herself. “I won’t follow you down to your car dad, I don’t want to be raped on the way back up.” Bloody hell !! The place is going to crap.

Best Regards

Bill

AnswerID: 51560

Sponsored Links