Pajero NP Did clutch shudder

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 20, 2004 at 17:54
ThreadID: 11414 Views:3671 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all
Have a 2003 NP Did with manual trans. Started to have trouble with the clutch around about the time, in hindsight, the hot weather started (Pt Hedland). It became very difficult to get a smooth takeoff. Tried all sorts of methods and revs. Nearly always shudders on takeoff. Got to the stage where clutch wouldn't disengage. Every time I drove a 100 or more k's, if I stopped, couldnt get back into gear.
To cut a long story short, turns out that the air con water pipe drips water directly onto the top of the bellhousing. I'm told that the water gets inside through the inspection plate, causing the pressure plate and clutch plate to rust together.
At the last service the pipe was lengthened to direct the water away and have had no problem since.
However, and this is the point of this whole query, I am still finding it almost impossible to get a smooth takeoff.
Any techo boffins out there have an opinion on whether permanent damage has been done to the clutch or pressure plate etc?
And wondering if any other Paj owners have had similar problems?

Regards
Russell
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - StevenL - Saturday, Mar 20, 2004 at 18:25

Saturday, Mar 20, 2004 at 18:25
Now there's a warranty claim if ever I saw one.

It will just be up to you to convince the dealer that damage (reduced performamce)has occurred to your vehicle caused by their crappy design.

Good luck with it.

Steven
AnswerID: 51184

Follow Up By: harry5 - Sunday, Mar 21, 2004 at 03:44

Sunday, Mar 21, 2004 at 03:44
Visit the Pajeroclub.com.au and see what you can find out
FollowupID: 312957

Reply By: Lynn2 - Sunday, Mar 21, 2004 at 07:11

Sunday, Mar 21, 2004 at 07:11
check out the following wesite: http://www.pajeroclub.com.au. Go to the forum, there are posts about this problem
AnswerID: 51231

Sponsored Links