Camerons Corner

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 21, 2004 at 08:28
ThreadID: 11421 Views:1236 Replies:1 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone!! We are planning short holiday south to Sydney and Canberra probably in June or July. (see rellies/friends etc...) We are kinda thinking about coming home from Canberra via Camerons Corner but we need to do some "homework" first and the first thing we need to is find out if June/July is a good time to be out there? I realise that as far as temps go, it's better to go winter than summer, that's not really the question. Is there anything else we should consider about it? Any info is greatly appreciated!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Rosco - Bris. - Sunday, Mar 21, 2004 at 09:53

Sunday, Mar 21, 2004 at 09:53
Brian

You could make that a good run if you have the time. Bollards Lagoon station (Camerons Corner) to Innaminka via the Bore Track .. a good run and about 10 bucks to traverse their property.

Obviously heaps around Innaminka (Dig Tree etc etc) then back via Cunnamulla. June/July is arguably the best time of the year for that neck of the woods.

Enjoy
AnswerID: 51238

Follow Up By: Rosco - Bris. - Sunday, Mar 21, 2004 at 09:55

Sunday, Mar 21, 2004 at 09:55
PS

Plenty of good camping around Innaminka but Cullymurra Water Hole is as good as it gets.
FollowupID: 312970

Follow Up By: Willem - Sunday, Mar 21, 2004 at 11:56

Sunday, Mar 21, 2004 at 11:56
G'day Rosco,

Latest info is that the Bore track is open but that the public is advised not to use it due to Oil exploration activity.

Brian,

Use this site for information. Go to the top of page and click on On the Road...then click on Road Conditions and follow the hyperlinks to where you want to be. This information is up to date.

Cheers
FollowupID: 312980

Follow Up By: Rosco - Bris. - Sunday, Mar 21, 2004 at 20:04

Sunday, Mar 21, 2004 at 20:04
Hi Willem, how's it going cobber?

I've no doubt you're correct in that regard, but I guess it's up to the individual. Exploration rigs may be active but it's unlikely they'll turn it into Queen St.

My point is that they're more or less there all the time with varying degrees of activity. So if it's open and one has the opportunity ... dare I suggest that in itself is sufficient reason to head down that way... after all is said and done, the opportunity may not present itself again into the forseeable future .... carpe diem and all that.

Perhaps a tad extra care is all that may be required.

Cheers
FollowupID: 313015

Sponsored Links