Qs to Truckster .....MT/R tyre comment

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 21, 2004 at 11:35
ThreadID: 11425 Views:2094 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Truckster,
I know you've been running 33' MT/R tyres for a while. Any comments on them regarding wearing rate and traction so far?
If I run 2 set of tyres, one for daily driving and other one for offroad only. Would you prefer to stay with MT/R or go to Simex (assume they are same price and same size)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Sunday, Mar 21, 2004 at 20:52

Sunday, Mar 21, 2004 at 20:52
MTRs are a very good all round tire, I would personally say they are excellent. Very good in wet on road, and in the dry, good on fast corners, they give you plenty of feedback.

Although Goodyears aftersales service is bleep . They measure 32.4 not 33 actual size, but they werent interested in that once they had my $. (http://www.gqpatrol.com/mtr.htm) Their Customer Sales kid (he was 18 if that) that came out when I complained to them, didnt have a clue, must have come from Rays outdoors.

Simex JT2's for offroad only. Very loud!!! Would attract the bacon like nobodys business. Havent struck much crappy weather on trails yet with them... :(

MTRs are good for the road, but they are also very good in the dirt and mud.. Went everywhere that some dudes on Boggers, and swampers went on a night run few weeks ago...

Ideal situation:
HT's over AT's for road, get the most mileage, and would probably be the safest day to day tire, more tread on the road...

Pure offroad tires for weekends: Simex, Interco Swampers for weekends.
AnswerID: 51305

Follow Up By: 2ndLow - Sunday, Mar 21, 2004 at 22:06

Sunday, Mar 21, 2004 at 22:06
Thanks for your feedback Truckster. Also, when you measure the tyre size, did you measure it from edge of tyre or middle of tyre.If you measure it at different spot, I think it make the difference (0.6'). If you measure it from middle of tyre, as tyre pressure goes up, the diameter may increase slighly.
FollowupID: 313037

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Sunday, Mar 21, 2004 at 22:22

Sunday, Mar 21, 2004 at 22:22
Check the photos
FollowupID: 313039

Sponsored Links