Comment: Lake Eyre and then where? (Part 4 The Sandstone Belt and a Minor Disas

Hi Michael,

Nice article :) We had a similar experience in June this year in Mt.Moffat National Park with overnight thunderstorms and heavy rain causing us some problems. We managed to get out of the park but it was heavy going, with rangers saying they were going to close the park if more rain came that afternoon.

Hope you get back to Expedition as it is really nice. We did a trip involving Cania Gorge, Expedition, Carnarvon Gorge and Mt.Moffat. Ran out of time for Salvator Rosa, though hope to get back there at some point and reading this makes me want to get back up there sooner rather than later :) Expedition and Mt.Moffat were fantastic and well worth the trip if you get the chance to get back.

Not sure whether I can upload a URL here but my wife put up some info/photos of our trip:http://missmiffyqld.blogspot.com.au/2014/06/queensland-is-big-really-big.html (see Expedition and Mt.Moffat sections at bottom in particular)

Regards,
Russell
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Michael John T (VIC) - Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:11

Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:11
Hi Russel,

That whole area is just a magic part of Australia. Managed to view your wifes blog, enjoyed the commentary, great photography of a great place.

best wishes,

Mike.
AnswerID: 548320

Sponsored Links