Camping at 1770 & Agnes Waters

Submitted: Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 19:57
ThreadID: 11467 Views:10855 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
G'day All,
Just wondering if anyone has done any camping,4WDing or beach fishing at 1770 or Agnes waters on the central coast of Qld. I have never been and looking for other people experiences with the place.
Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Graham - Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 20:26

Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 20:26
Don,
Just South of Agnes is Deepwater NP with a couple of nice camping spots and some spectacular coastline. Steer clear at Easter though as it can get pretty crowded.
As for Agnes itself, I don't think there is much in the way of bush camping, but Agnes and 1770 both have Caravan Parks right on the water. Log onto www.epa.qld.gov.au/parks and download an info sheet on Deepwater for more info. You can access Deepwater from the South via Baffle Creek, quite a pleasent drive too.
AnswerID: 51459

Reply By: Eric from Cape York Connections - Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 20:28

Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 20:28
Don we were there about 3 years ago and 1770 is a very pretty spot we camped at the van park on the river .
We did a drive into the nat park and it was also very nice we sated arond the area for 4 days. We also did a river tour on the lark which takes of from the fishibng co op.
All in all a great spot.

All the best
Eric

www.capeyorkconnections.com.au
AnswerID: 51460

Reply By: tim_s - Tuesday, Mar 23, 2004 at 09:43

Tuesday, Mar 23, 2004 at 09:43
Don

Also worth checking out Eurimbula (next bay north of 1770). I was there last Easter and you could actually book what site you want - NPWS even faxed me a map of the sites. Fishing was not great, but would probably be better with a boat (you can launch from the campsite into Eurimula creek. Don;t get fooled into going into middle creek. It is a long way in (45min from memory, but only 10k), the camping area is small and there are no defined sites. However, the spot was probably prettier and the fishing looked like it may be better. Would almost certainly need a boat though.

Contact me if you want any further info

Cheers

Tim
AnswerID: 51532

Follow Up By: Member - Don (QLD) - Tuesday, Mar 23, 2004 at 12:08

Tuesday, Mar 23, 2004 at 12:08
Thanks Tim,
We are looking for ideas and new places and people to meet.
Thanks for the info.

FollowupID: 313284

Reply By: Member - KG (QLD) - Wednesday, Mar 24, 2004 at 20:10

Wednesday, Mar 24, 2004 at 20:10
i didnt camp up there but i did check out the campsites @ deepwater np... virtually on the beach... very nice
i couldnt get to bustard bay (there's more campsites there) due to some major bogholes on the way in (wouldnt wanna be trying to get outta there after some rain) a local i was with told me horror stories about sandflies the size of crows @ bustard bay campsite though :)
one other option is the council owned caravan park.... it has beachfrontage sites - i didnt check out the amenities but with an outlook straight onto the beach who cares?
some nice 4wding around deepwater np as well.

have fun!

cheers,

KG
AnswerID: 51831

Sponsored Links