Rules Beach / Deepwater NP

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 23, 2004 at 16:52
ThreadID: 11485 Views:2201 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Heading up to Rules beach camping for Easter. 2 Families with 4 kids under 8. Any info on "must see/do" and any thing to watch out for. Any facilities at the Baffle Creek camp ground ? Plan on having a look around Deepwater NP and up to Agnes and 1770. Any comments apreciated.

Have a good and safe Easter.
Simon C
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Eric from Cape York Connections - Tuesday, Mar 23, 2004 at 19:35

Tuesday, Mar 23, 2004 at 19:35
Simon its a very pretty spot around the area your going. We were there 3 years ago actually it was 4 now I come to think of it any way had a great time and good scenery.

Have a good one
All the best
Eric
AnswerID: 51625

Follow Up By: JQ - Tuesday, Mar 23, 2004 at 22:07

Tuesday, Mar 23, 2004 at 22:07
Hi Simon, you have 2 Caravan Parks there, "Baffle Bob's" & the one near the main shopping area. Baffle Bob's is 4km from Rules Beach, the other is about 15km from RB. Baffle Bob has a web site & you should be able to find it if you do a search on "Baffle Creek". A great area but keep that quiet , we don't want every one going there,,,
Get the Sunmap "District Road Map - Miriam Vale" and that will give you a good idea of the area.
Rules Beach tides are similar to Burnett Heads.
The trip to Deepwater NP, Agnes Waters & 1770 is well worth it.
The Police keep an eye on that area (particularly in the busy times) so obey all the rules.
Enjoy your trip.

John
just crusin & smelling the flowers

1. At Halls Creek (Is he really lost?)
2. East of Cameron Cnr

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 313398

Reply By: CT - Thursday, Mar 25, 2004 at 14:57

Thursday, Mar 25, 2004 at 14:57
NP&W camping is self registration from memory. Lovely spots available near the mouth of baffle (right turn from the beach entry) or behind the dunes towards deep or deepwater creek (left turn from beach entry).

Beach is narrow so keep an eye on the tides. Tyres will have to go down and its a long drive to the nearest servo for air so take a compressor! Baffle Bobs van park has one for use by guest but not sure about the general public. Air was available from the small shop closer to the highway last time I was there (cant help with distances, sorry).

Cheers
Craig
AnswerID: 51918

Sponsored Links