Maytown to Laura via Cobb & Co

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 23, 2004 at 23:48
ThreadID: 11506 Views:2701 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I was planning a trip for later in the year along the Cobb & Co road from Maytown to Laura but have been advised that due to track wear that it is only passable from Laura to Maytown.

Can anyone confirm this ?

Mick_n_Sal
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Well 55 - Wednesday, Mar 24, 2004 at 14:36

Wednesday, Mar 24, 2004 at 14:36
Came down it last year in May and is not much worse than when I first used it in 76. Like all the tracks in FNQ thay can change from one wet to the next.

There is not the rain down there at the moment like it has been up in Weipa, and for all you fisher person's the son in law has had the three biggest Barra caught in Weipa this year, landed in his boat.

You will get updated info closer to when you leave, ask again then.
AnswerID: 51760

Reply By: Michael_W - Wednesday, Mar 24, 2004 at 22:41

Wednesday, Mar 24, 2004 at 22:41
I was up there in August 2003. The locals at Laura talked me out of trying the Cobb & Co route and the Palmerville to Maytown road was closed by a station owner, so I went the long way to Maytown via Maitland Downs, this was still a great route, the road had only recently been graded.

On arriving at Maytown I meet two guys who had taken the Cobb & Co route in, they said that it had taken them 10 hours driving time, as well as spending two hours collecting rocks to make a ramp off a rock outcrop on the way.

Check with the Store/PO at Laura they were very helpful and informative.
AnswerID: 51862

Sponsored Links