Priorities, track closures

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 25, 2004 at 14:26
ThreadID: 11543 Views:1776 Replies:4 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,
Post 11530 regarding track closures only generated 3 responses, and I'm one of them.
An earlier post on on "oils" managed around 29.
I'm concerned that this possibly demonstrates that we are not pro active enough to ensure our 4wd interests are promoted.
The pilot strategy near Daylsford is bound to impact on other areas, as the government is pushing for it to progress and be in shape by July.
I personally am at a bit of a loss to as how to influence matters, but it seems appropriate to rally behind these moves by those representing the 4wd movement and support them with numbers.
Regards
Joe
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Thursday, Mar 25, 2004 at 14:41

Thursday, Mar 25, 2004 at 14:41
Hi Joe

I didn't reply to the post, but I did join the yahoo group...maybe other's have dones the same...

cheers

Lyn
AnswerID: 51917

Reply By: Willem - Thursday, Mar 25, 2004 at 20:19

Thursday, Mar 25, 2004 at 20:19
See my post replies on 11523
AnswerID: 51947

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Mar 25, 2004 at 20:46

Thursday, Mar 25, 2004 at 20:46
Joe,
I do believe most of our audience are indeed genuinely concerned about Track Closures - but we hear it all the time, and as a worldwide audience on this forum, comments are only going to come from people when track closures threaten their backyard. The oils issue on the other hand probably affects more people (as drivers) than a single location threatened for closure that many readers wouldn't even know of - people must remember to post the state and nearby town/city - where is Daylsford? Even I don't can't guess this without getting out an atlas. Also the oil question only contained 3 different people, although multiple posts were made to make up the 29.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 51957

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, Mar 25, 2004 at 21:31

Thursday, Mar 25, 2004 at 21:31
"comments are only going to come from people when track closures threaten their backyard."
there are more than 3 Victorian Members on this board !!

www.google.com will get you Daylesford..

This is the sort of area we are going to lose... wilderness like this, but away from the farmhouses etc.

Once they start closing, it will happen faster than Little Howard backpeddling
FollowupID: 313779

Follow Up By: Wayne (NSW) - Thursday, Mar 25, 2004 at 22:20

Thursday, Mar 25, 2004 at 22:20
Truckster,
I started signing letters back in 1988, you probally did the same.
All the letter writing is not going to do any good until we get someone back in Parliament to take on the Greens or who ever is trying to close the tracks.
If you want to stand I am sure you will get a lot of support.

Sorry, but letter writing and attending meetings is not going to stop the tracks being closed. It is a shame but that is the way it has been, and if there is another way than bring it on.

Wayne
FollowupID: 313795

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, Mar 25, 2004 at 22:21

Thursday, Mar 25, 2004 at 22:21
Wayne.
Sadly I agree with you.. They have probably already got the office, and letter heads printed up
FollowupID: 313796

Reply By: Joe - Thursday, Mar 25, 2004 at 22:11

Thursday, Mar 25, 2004 at 22:11
Well between the CMF strategy at Wombat forest near Daylesford and the proposed new boundaries for the Otways National Park our backyard could be shrinking faster than we realize.

It requires very little effort to join the support group www.groups.yahoo.com/group/RUGvictoria. This is the link Truckster refered us to in his post

Regards
Joe
AnswerID: 51983

Follow Up By: Joe - Thursday, Mar 25, 2004 at 22:32

Thursday, Mar 25, 2004 at 22:32
Wayne,
The pilot model is called CMF. Community Forest Management. The Brack's Govt has made provition for local communities to manage/have a say and decide how the forest will be used by all.
If we want to be part of it we need to become involved.
Just join the RUGvictoria.
www.groups.yahoo.com/group/RUGvictoria.(Truckster provided this link in anb earlier post)
All details will arrive to you by email and you can read further files inside the group.
Let those representing us know you are behind them to start with
How hard is that?
Regards
Joe
FollowupID: 313802

Sponsored Links