Prado Dash Rattle & Shake

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 25, 2004 at 21:30
ThreadID: 11557 Views:3527 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have read brfore about the problems with the Prado dash. I recently had mine in for service and requested that the dash be repaired under warrenty only to be told that the most they would do in offer 1 hour labour to get behind the glove box and tighten up whatever they could reach..

I bit my tongue and contacted Toyota direct and forwarded on some of the info contained in this forum.

Within 24hours I had the job approved and the offer of a loan vehicle for 3 days whilst the job was done.

The trick was to get a test driver from the dealership to drive the Prado and see the amount of play the dash had developed.

Picked it up today and can't beleive the difference - it's like driving a brand new vehicle.

The lady in customer service at Toyota could not of been more helpful - even ringing me back at times to report that she was still waiting for an answer. I found out later that the answer she was waiting for was a report from the guy who drove my car.

Let me know if any of you need more detail...

Bear.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Wayne (NSW) - Thursday, Mar 25, 2004 at 21:46

Thursday, Mar 25, 2004 at 21:46
Bear,
It is good to have a win, pity it took another phone call to getit though.

I think dealers play the numbers game, try and put you off and if that doesn't work fall all over you trying to help. I wonder how many just took up the one hour job and left it at that.

Wayne
AnswerID: 51970

Reply By: Member Colin - NSW Bungendore - Friday, Mar 26, 2004 at 17:05

Friday, Mar 26, 2004 at 17:05
I think this problem is fairly common with all makes - I dont know why as they get paid by the manufacturer for their costs.
I had a similar problem with my Subaru dealer - I contacted Subaru Aust and they said tell the dealer to fix it - 2 calls later between dealer and Subaru and the car was booked in - they didn't even drive the car as it was also was a 'known' problem (gearbox).

A Question about Prado's - my daughter has just bought a '98/99 petrol with about 133 000 kms - little or no off road.
Apart from the dash rattle - what other problems should she look for?
AnswerID: 52079

Sponsored Links