Comment: Using the ExplorOz Mobile Site

Submitted: Monday, Jun 30, 2014 at 17:20
ThreadID: 115708 Views:1097 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
The tables is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, 8" (Great screen, 1280x800, an ideal size for an in-car navigator, using OziExplorer). It's running Android 4.2.2

The problem is unless I set the agent name to "IPhone", I ALWAYS get thrown to the full site (Home page, treks page, anything).

You have identified the problem: "if the user agent isn't mobile, you will get redirected to the full site". Except that there is NO "mobile" option on the bottom of the re-directed home page with the default browser. With Dolphin pertending to be iPhone, you get a "full site" button. This full site HAS a "mobile site" button, which yesterday just re-directected back to the full sight again, but now it just goes into a re-directing loop, never displaying anything - I assume this means your playing with it !

How do you determine the agent is mobile?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:19

Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:19
OK Ian, I have to defer this to Dave to look at. As he is currently doing the site migration he will need to defer looking at this issue until next week however. Hope that's ok with you. The problem might also magically go away when the migration is complete as there are so many variables and factors involved with this and right now there are many little erroneous bugs due to the piece-meal migration process we are using to slowly stitch everything back together.
ExplorOz

Business Member
My Profile  My Blog

AnswerID: 548799

Sponsored Links