Comment: Yachtie's Travels

Loved it ! We have just had eight weeks with the van in Tassie (from mid Jan to mid March) and saw a lot more than most Tasmanians have seen, but your blog highlighted lots of bits we missed. We'll be going back to fill in the gaps. Tasmania really is a treasure and setting up a base with the van for 3 or 4 days and quietly poking around is marvelous. We found the locals very welcoming and they cater extremely well for caravanners. The ferry was approx $1800 return for the Patrol and 22 ft van, so you need to have a longer stay rather than a week or two. I met another West Aussie couple who flew and 'Britzed' and they paid $1800 for their little Britz for a fortnight which made me feel better about my 1800. It was a great experience and the topograhy is both challenging and educational. If you can drag a van around Tassie you can drag one anywhere. I really appreciated a manual box that gave me lots of engine braking. It was a great adventure from Western Australia and I really recomend it to everyone.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links