Tambo camper for us.

Submitted: Friday, Mar 26, 2004 at 19:29
ThreadID: 11580 Views:2712 Replies:5 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I saw the Tambo Camper on Exploroz and after 2 years of researching offroad campers we purchased one. They have rated quite a few positive mentions in the forum also.

I’m a bit of a procastanator but frankly I couldn’t belive the strength of the trailer and absolutely superb canvas work. Until I looked at the Tambo product I was feeling like I had to make a compromise. I also liked the Universal from SA but a couple of thousand dollars more.

The guy Ken (I think) even saw me late on a Saturday and worked a deal out for me because I travelled several hours to get to Melbourne. Tried to see Dingo also but he wouldn’t see me. Sounds consistent with forum participant of a few weeks ago.

Every few weeks someone gets on and asks for feedback on campers and I thought I would give my 2 cents worth. Some of the camper companies have been getting some criticism and I thought I would give a small business a plug. I can highly recommend Tambo. They were on time with delivery and I spend less than $7,000 which included awning, kitchen, water tank and stoneguard.

Oh, by the way, apart from finding we needed a wall to protect the cooking area, (now on order) the camper was sensational on our recent trip.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Mike (SA) - Friday, Mar 26, 2004 at 19:50

Friday, Mar 26, 2004 at 19:50
Glad to seen you are happy with your purchase.
Any contact info please?
Ta
Mike
Too little time in the bush!
VKS 737 Mobile 0230

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 52110

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Mar 26, 2004 at 20:07

Friday, Mar 26, 2004 at 20:07
Mike, As Colin said, Tambo is an advertiser here on ExplorOz. Please use the system (ie. go to the Business Search) to find Tambo's listing under the Campers & Trailers category. Using their listing you can make contact - all details are listed including link to website and email. The advertisers like to measure the referrals from the ad, so please use the system.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 313949

Reply By: Member - Mike (SA) - Friday, Mar 26, 2004 at 20:33

Friday, Mar 26, 2004 at 20:33
Oops!! Will do and thanks for puttimg me straight Michelle!
regards to all
Mike
Too little time in the bush!
VKS 737 Mobile 0230

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 52120

Reply By: ian - Friday, Mar 26, 2004 at 20:50

Friday, Mar 26, 2004 at 20:50
Colin

I fully agree with you. My cruiser and Tambo Camper will be belting about the desert for a month or two again this winter, and it never complains a bit. Must be the only thing I have that doesn't require constant maintenance ....except my wife ...of course. (lucky I remembered to put that bit about my wife in).

I have nothing but praise for a top product at a realistic price.

See ya on the road.
Ian
AnswerID: 52130

Reply By: Joe - Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 11:33

Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 11:33
Hi Colin,
Went to ExplorOZ pages. They seem great valur for money.
I have been keeping an eye out for a while, but have been in no hurray as we have a pop top and an Oz tent. At last camping show I could not get over how costly they were and was happy to stick with what I,ve got. The value of these units makes me want to rethink this.
Can you please take time to answer a few points.

How quick do they errect ready for use/sleep.
Is it easy to pack up

Do you find it dust proof and waterproof?
Regards
JOe
AnswerID: 52272

Follow Up By: Colin T - Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 14:37

Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 14:37
Hi Joe

It literally takes 5 minutes or less to both set up and pack up.

You can also leave you bedding on the mattress which saves time getting organised for bed.

I like the Tambo because the poles are all inside the camper and end up in position with little effort. Some other campers we looked at you needed to use external poles pegs and ropes - a bit fiddly.

The trailer looks well sealed and has a rubber dust seal on the tailgate. We got no dust in the trailer.

The travel cover is fixed at its front by a track and no dust gets in there. Down the sides an elastic cord around the edge of the cover that is hooked around plastic knos keeps a pretty good seal. There are also 6 tie down points to stop cover flapping.

We did get a very small amount of dust in around the sides but compared to a camper we borrowed a few years ago, it was nothing.

I agree with you about how costly most of the other are. On a positive note, they seem to hold their prices well if Trading Post is any guide.

Good luck.

Col.
FollowupID: 314094

Reply By: Joe - Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 21:19

Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 21:19
Thank Colin,
Your feed back is appreciated
I will be following up on this.
I have just emailed them to see if they will be at the camping show in Melb, nxt week.
Thanks again
Regards
Joe

AnswerID: 52330

Sponsored Links