Bore Track Discouraged

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 27, 2004 at 06:54
ThreadID: 11591 Views:1364 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
We have been planning tto include the bore track (Innaminka to Bollard Lagoon) in our trip for some time. It is a bit disappointing that the oil exploration companies are discouraging travel.

Anyone know if bollard will let us through and when or if the oil exploration team will stop discouraging travel?

David O
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member -Bob & Lex (Sydney) - Saturday, Mar 27, 2004 at 08:08

Saturday, Mar 27, 2004 at 08:08
I was also planning to use the Bore track again this year as it is a much nicer trip than the alternative & still will unless it is closed off. Discouraging & banning are too different things, I will find the number for Bollards & give them a ring.
AnswerID: 52175

Follow Up By: Member -Bob & Lex (Sydney) - Saturday, Mar 27, 2004 at 08:58

Saturday, Mar 27, 2004 at 08:58
After much searching I found the number for the Corner Store & rang, as we were talking Gina from Bollards called him on the uhf so he ask for me & Gina said the Bore track is open. The number for Bollards Lagoon is 08 8091 3873 if you want to check closer to your trip.
Have a safe one
FollowupID: 313999

Reply By: David O - Saturday, Mar 27, 2004 at 09:48

Saturday, Mar 27, 2004 at 09:48
Bob,

Thanks for that. I will keep the number on hand and give them a call.

David
AnswerID: 52180

Follow Up By: Large - Wednesday, Mar 31, 2004 at 12:40

Wednesday, Mar 31, 2004 at 12:40
David,

I work in the oil and gas industry in "corner country". As far as I am aware the company I work for has not made any official "discouragement to drive in the area". There are many public roads in the area, Bore Track, Strez track, Della Road to innamincka and public roads through Southwest Queensland as well. I know the Road Reports section in the Adelaide Advertiser newspaper makes the statement about discouraging use of the Bore Track due to petroleum industry activities. there has been patroleum activities going on the area for 40 years and will continue for many years. My company has it's own road network and the bore track is not used often and seldom maintained. most traggic you will come across if any is landcruisers and the occassional road train. Common sense to driving in this area is the norm. I have also heard that Bollards lagoon charges a $10 fee for Bore Track access from their end. Have a good trip, this time of year, bring a fly net!
FollowupID: 314487

Follow Up By: David O - Wednesday, Mar 31, 2004 at 18:40

Wednesday, Mar 31, 2004 at 18:40
Large,

Thanks for that info. I am aware of Bollards $10 fee which is fair enough as far as I am concerned. We have packed the fly nets!

Cheers
David
FollowupID: 314525

Sponsored Links