cigarette lighter

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 12:32
ThreadID: 11623 Views:1415 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
i own a 2003 rodeo and i need to remove the cigraette lighter,. could some please give me a general walkthrough on removing them (i have take most of the dash of so i can get behind it if needed)

thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bradley- Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 16:25

Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 16:25
New RA model ?? if so i am assuming that you are looking to tap into the 12v feed to the ciggy and aux outlet, it is a bugger to get to , but you can access the looms fairly easily from the drivers side behind the plugs with the lower dash panels removed. BUT a word of warning, i found out that the RA uses the same circuit to ground the immobiliser / central lock functions. And the RA has heaps of bad ground problems in the centre dash area. Better to get power from the back of the fuse box and use a seperate earth. The RA is plauged by hard starting / immobiliser lock out problems, and the dealers have to make up replacement patch harnesses and relays, mine is getting it at the next service after 40k of complaining..
AnswerID: 52431

Reply By: landcruiser100 - Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 17:21

Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 17:21
hey bradley,

yes it is the RA model. We found out that it was difficult to get power from the ciggi lighter, so we found were the aux' lighter went to were the fuses are, joined there and normal earth for negative but thatnks for your help
AnswerID: 52441

Sponsored Links