Comment: SAX on SAX OFF ( Suspension replacement ) 2013 D-Max

Adriane, knowing just how much you and Gillian were looking forward to this trip, and how great the rig looked on arrival here, I'm extremely disappointed for you both. It is such a shame that things have not panned out as planned. I've been through similar processes over the past four years with my suspension but there seems to be a litany of horrors involved here that no fault on you're behalf.

I hope that a satisfactory outcome will result as quickly as possible so you can get back on the road. Vik and I have put the bottle of red back in the cupboard for your return.

Cheers Mick and Vik
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kanga1 - Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:22

Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:22
Hi guys, it was a very disappointing finish to our 3 1/2 month trip, you think you have all the prep done. The suspensions failures were really the last straw.
Our computer fritzed itself in the first week and the water tank ruptured pretty much as soon as we got into the Arkaroola (the second week!). This would be the first and only time we have left home with only one water container, I was thinking brand new metal tank, inside a brand new metal box, what could go wrong!??? Fortunately we managed to buy, borrow and scab up some water containers at Innaminka and Birdsville ( Duncan W to the rescue in Birdsville).

Some of the learnings for me was just how important it really is to have more than one drinking water container ( no matter how schmick and shiny the new one is,) and controlling the rebound from springs is absolutely critical in driving on badly undulating ground, I actually removed both the rear shocks near Poeppel corner to see what difference there was, it was immeasurable, they still have resistance but are hopelessly matched to the leafs. Nuf said.

Thanks for your thoughts and we'll look forward to catching up again in the near future. Best wishes from Adriane and Gillian.
Tempus Fugit

Kanga.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 549017

Sponsored Links