HJ 80 turbo automatic

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 21:49
ThreadID: 11637 Views:2032 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I am in the process of looking for a HJ 80 turbo automatic in the cd update model.

Having searched all of the classifieds of late and discovered that they are a rare unit, does anyone have any clues or hints as to what year I should be looking for?

I intend on joining the Victorian landcruiser club but will wait until I obtain a suitable vehicle.

Could anyone please advise me on anything to look for prior to purchasing a suitable unit.

Regards

Graham
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - DOZER- Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 15:53

Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 15:53
Graham
Best model is the 95 if you want all the gear, after late 95, ABS and viscous coupling, was removed to try to keep the price below the lux tax threshold, so later models dont have all that the earlier ones did. Then came the 40th annaversary ones that are the pick of the bunch, as they had ABS std again....
Bottom line here, is any model from 95-98 is a good buy, no motor problems with this motor, box will outlast the motor if serviced, and no rust.
Go for it
Andrew
AnswerID: 52426

Follow Up By: Graham3316 - Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 16:22

Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 16:22
Thanks for your reply Andrew,

What would be a fair price to pay for one with reasonable kms, no major off road work (though I am fully intending on doing a lot) and no beach work, here in Victoria, though I would travel for the right one.

Plus what is the viscous coupling?

Thanks.

Graham
FollowupID: 314206

Sponsored Links