noisy neighours

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 22:03
ThreadID: 11638 Views:1764 Replies:6 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone,

We've been heading out in our hiace campervan and loving it, but we are staggered at the number of people who are camping and crank up the radio to drown out the local wildlife.

We're not caravan park people, but at least people do turn off their "boom-cha...boom-cha" around 10pm - we've found even at the most gorgeous camp spots, the music can go on and on.

Maybe it's not so bad when you have a 4wd - I'm guessin' you can get away from the crowds ;-)

Any tips on how to approach the people who can't live without the 70s, 80s and 90s in their ears day and night - so we get some peace?

Cheers
zj

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Royce- Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 22:15

Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 22:15
It happens deep in the bush. You don't really like to 'front' people with loud music.. that's not why you're out in the bush to start with. We were at Fraser Island a few years ago with friends. Loud 'heavy' music thumped its way into the night.... the bikie style tough looking blokes didn't seem to care. My 6' 4" mate and I were just too timid to say anything. My wife [all 5ft nothing of her] strode over and had a 'word' with them. The music stopped instantly. They went to bed and slept. No one messes with my missus!

But seriously, some people just don't get it. They do usually respond to a polite request.... it's just hard to do.
AnswerID: 52338

Follow Up By: cokeaddict - Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 22:55

Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 22:55
Struth mate,
I'd hate to take her parking spot, scared the hell outta me just reading it.

Got to run now...medication time.
FollowupID: 314131

Follow Up By: Member - Melissa - Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 12:24

Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 12:24
RAOFLMAO!

:o) Melissa
FollowupID: 314171

Follow Up By: Member -Bob & Lex (Sydney) - Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 18:01

Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 18:01
Sounds like she's related to my wife's aunty, must be something to do with being verticaly challenged as she do's the same thing & about the same height.
FollowupID: 314234

Reply By: joc45 - Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 23:15

Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 23:15
You're right, it amazes me why they really need to go to these places if they can't leave that stuff behind. I mean, one goes to these spots for the peace and tranquility.
A few years ago, had a guy and his GF camped across the river from us. Totally peaceful till they rocked up. They turned on the music, which we put up with, but then they had a track they really liked and wound it right up. Our protests were ignored, so I blasted the air horns. No change, so I leant on the horn for about 2 minutes. They turned it off, I politely thanked them, and they didn't give any further trouble. (they did wind it up the morning they drove out, as a final gesture, but hey, they were gone by then)
Once more just the sound of the water and the birds.....
Gerry
AnswerID: 52347

Reply By: robb - Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 23:41

Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 23:41
A couple of years ago a mate and I on every Wednesday night we enjoyed going to the local pub for a few quiet ales and a laugh... It was alot of fun until one evening we had around 30 very rowdy characters (uni students) come in and were playing heavy crap music on the juke box and yelling and hooting and talking the barman into turning the jukebox up VERY loud, basically just being pains in the a!$e, so the remedy was $20 worth of $2 coins changed at the bar and then $20 (30 songs) worth of the oldest country and western music we could find on the jukebox... They left after about the 6th song...

If I went camping looking for a quiet time and had some people arrive and crank their music up loud into the night, I would wait until very early the next morning and hit em with some Johnny Cash or Hank Snow... Or get the missus to go and speak to em :)
AnswerID: 52350

Follow Up By: Member - Slim - Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 09:28

Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 09:28
Many years ago at Nanga in the jarrah forrest we spent hours trying to get to sleep whilst drunken yobs played high volume garbage until about 4 in the morning. I was up at about 6, lit the fire, opened the doors of the car and turned up Bizets Carmen as loud as we could stand. Several more mature neighbours wandered over to inquire about the identity of the beautiful music!!!!! There's more than one way to stuff a chook!!!!
FollowupID: 314138

Follow Up By: DiesAl - Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 10:43

Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 10:43
My old man was fond of using Chad Morgan "Sheik of Scrubby Creek" as an early morning payback.........Hasn't failed yet.
FollowupID: 314147

Reply By: Willem - Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 12:08

Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 12:08
I tend to camp away from others but it does happen that one has to share the space from time to time. I find that if there is louder than necessary music at night I start the truck up, swith the Bull Light on and aim the truck at the other campers. After a while someone will wander over asking for the light to be switched off. Then it is a trade-off.

Other times I just pack up and find somewhere else.
AnswerID: 52390

Reply By: guy (sydney) - Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 16:45

Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 16:45
I havent got a story but..................
Just ask most people dont realise what there doing might be annoying to some as it doesnt annoy the group that there with so it may not annoy anyone else but just ask and i bet youd get a more than favourable response.
AnswerID: 52433

Reply By: ZEDjay - Wednesday, Mar 31, 2004 at 10:45

Wednesday, Mar 31, 2004 at 10:45
Thanks for your tips...
We're heading off this weekend again - I'll test out my polite neigbourly approach and if that doesn't work - I've packed Hank Snow and Wagner.
Cheers
zj ;-)
AnswerID: 52622

Sponsored Links