Comment: In the footsteps of Carnegie - Day 7 Exploring the Tanami for Carnegie'

Afternoon/evening Mick, I think the only red that Phil's getting at the moment is found in a bottle. Mick you mention that you replenished water from the rockhole you found, was this water fit to drink untreated or did you boil it or add some sterilisation tabs to your containers? Long way from home to get a dose of "Bali belly".

Cheers

Dunc.
Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mick O - Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:23

Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:23
Dunc, a journey across India in the mid 80's got me started on the road to a cast iron gut. Bali in the late 80's strengthened it and 12 months travelling across South America in 97 nailed it for me - ahhhh Fasigyn! lol.

Mate I carry water in two separate categories - Drinking and GP (General Purpose). Normally filter from suspect water sources except for GP water which is generally used for washing/a billy bath etc. Always boiled or filtered before drinking.

If a water source is largely protected from camels and has a tinge of green about it, I'm generally happy to consume 'au naturale'. It was always a delight to see Al kneel at a Carnegie water hole and drink reverentially; in homage to DWC. The only dramas we had was Jaydub doing the early morning sprint at Carnegie Bluff after a tin of Big and Chunky chorizo pasta but then ....that's another story ;-)

Cheers, Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 549114

Sponsored Links