Comment: In the footsteps of Carnegie - Day 7 Exploring the Tanami for Carnegie'

Hi Mick

Another great read, most enjoyable indeed. And finding all of those rockholes well done guys. I share with you the danger of 'discovering' hidden termite mounds - its bad enough in a vehicle but on a quad you could find yourself launched over the handle bars - lol.
When we did the Labbi Labbi trip in 2010 we found huge groves of termite mounds - they were so thick we could not drive between them, it was a real pain in the *&^%. Anyway we coined a collective noun for termite mounds - Termopolous!

By the way this armchair travelling is great but not as good as getting a bit of red dirt running through the veins.
Keep them coming Mick - keep them coming.

cheers
There is a lot of difference between
‘Human Being’ and ‘Being Human’.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mick O - Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:24

Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:24
Mate all down to Al's great work. He did the hard yards analysing the evidence, using the tools and looking for clues. This trip was a good team effort in many cases in that we were able to bounce things off each other and perhaps look at the evidence from different viewpoints (oh and of course get Jaydub to fix things). In this case though, it was all Al's work. He nailed this one good and proper. Did you match Carnegie's description with the visuals of the waterhole? It doesn't get better than that in my books.

Mate it was hard work then but finishing up these blogs, I miss being out there.

Take care mate.

Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 549119

Sponsored Links