Comment: The Gary Junction Road & Jenkins Track - The Curse continues at Kunawar

Hi Mick, I enjoy reading your reports and I am sure Wally MacDonald from Cowangie would be pleased to see Larry is still using the tools of trade. I saw Wally in Jan 2014 at Cowangie after not seeing him since 82 when I was operating dozers there. Wally gave me a run down on Larry being on the header up there not long before. When Wally was in Mulgrave Vic, He was asked what he missed about Cowangie. Wally replied, leaning over the back fence shooting rabbits! Old Wally is a typical bush character.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mick O - Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:24

Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:24
Plenty of characters around Cowangie BB. Larry is a whiz on the engineering. You can tell those sort of blokes that just have an inherent feel for it and he is definitly one.

I spent a bit of time working at Murrayville and had a glory season with the Walpy-Underbool shirt tearers around 84. Two years at Ouyen and worked in Mildura with one of the Chaplin twins from out that way. A bit of history across the Mallee over the years ;-)

Glad you're enjoying the read. Just wish I had more time to get them done.

Cheers Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 549138

Sponsored Links