Lost or Locked Out - Brindabella

Submitted: Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 19:57
ThreadID: 11662 Views:2077 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have a map which shows a track between Rules Point near Kiandra to Brindabella approx 60k's west of Canberra. I have travelled the lower part of this track from Rules Point many times but never the full length. Last weekend I attempted to travel it from the top end near Brindabella, I travelled down the track imediately to the west of the Bridge at Brindabella only to find private property signs and gates.

Am I in the wrong place? or is the track locked up at this end?

Thanking you in advance for yor assistance
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Peter 2 - Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 20:42

Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 20:42
Last I heard it has been locked at the northern end for quite a few years now.
The old story a feral few stuffed it up for everyone.
Did hear there was a track around to the west(went off further north and skirted around the gate through crown land ) but may have just been a rumour.
AnswerID: 52479

Reply By: flappan - Tuesday, Mar 30, 2004 at 08:59

Tuesday, Mar 30, 2004 at 08:59
Yes, its locked up from the Public.

You need to come further west to the State Forest , and go in that way. Couple of tracks , including one thru Dubbo flat , all met up at the Northern Boundary of Kosi Nat Park. Follow the Broken Cart Track , thru to Rules Point , and the Snowy Mt hwy.
AnswerID: 52527

Reply By: Member Colin - NSW Bungendore - Tuesday, Mar 30, 2004 at 13:08

Tuesday, Mar 30, 2004 at 13:08
From the North - turn off Brindabella (Tumut) road at GR 412 932 - Barnetts Rd. follow this to Broken Cart Road then Rules Point. The track is well signposted.

NB - I travelled this about 2 months ago Broken Cart was being graded and rolled - NPWS have put in 2 gates on the Park boundary that will be closed in winter. The northern part of Barnetts Rd that is out (south) of the State forest is risky after rain as it gets slippery and there are deep wheel ruts
AnswerID: 52552

Sponsored Links