Comment: Travelling with your camera.

J&V
I had trouble uploading photos, too large at 25meg. What size reduction do you use for upload, is there a site preferred size?
thanks
Jim
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:25

Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:25
Hi Jim,

I don't know of any upper limit on file size, though presumably there is one. The biggest image that can be displayed on the site seems to be 800x800 pixels, so not much point sending bigger than that. It's well worth reducing your image size to fit within this limit anyway because of the huge saving in bandwidth.

We make a point of editing any image we upload in order to get rid of excess background, which gets the file size down, then resize that image down to fit in the 800 pixel limit. (Worth being careful with this - always treat your original as gold and save any edited image to a different filename - we routinely add a suffix to the edited filename, so eg the edited version of P123456 becomes P123456a, and if that one gets edited, we SAVE AS P123456aa..etc) There are lots of free editing programmes available - we've used XNView for years, though there are much more powerful ones (eg Gimp), and lots of others that you may find more user friendly.

Cheers

John
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 549228

Sponsored Links