Ayres Rock Camping Ground

Submitted: Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 20:32
ThreadID: 11664 Views:4129 Replies:6 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,

I have posted a few requests here regarding the Ayres Rock Camping Ground. Quite a few recommended that we stay at Curtain Springs but we have decided for convenience - this time at least - we will brave the Ayres Rock venue.

Enough said - can someone please let me know the contact details for the park? I have searched the Internet for hours, I cannot find a website and the only phone number I found - did not exist.

Thank you,

Gary
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: cloughie - Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 20:48

Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 20:48
The Campground is part of the Yulara Resort complex. We are staying there over Easter.
AnswerID: 52481

Reply By: Cobra - Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 21:02

Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 21:02
Have a look at www.centralaustraliantourism.com or www.nt.gov.au. You should be able to get some info there.
Cheers
AnswerID: 52484

Reply By: Mark - Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 22:00

Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 22:00
Ayres Rock Campground
ADDRESS: Yulara Drive
CITY: Yulara
PHONE NO: +61-8-89562055
AnswerID: 52502

Reply By: The Banjo - Tuesday, Mar 30, 2004 at 09:19

Tuesday, Mar 30, 2004 at 09:19
I've been there twice - Yulara caravan park/campground was great - good facilities and its not expensive, given the remote area. Don't know why you would have been put off. If Gavin is still the manager, he'll be nice to you and the other staff seemed good too. Remember that the campground and the supermarket lines are the only things that don't cost heaps - if you like a drink, take it with you ! Its a corporation town.....and its all stitched up.
AnswerID: 52528

Reply By: Member - Tom (NT) - Tuesday, Mar 30, 2004 at 18:44

Tuesday, Mar 30, 2004 at 18:44
Hello
I work at the resort and the campground is pretty nice I think that you will find it good. It has lawn camping area's and good facilities. When I first came here I thought that the place was a bit dear but after being here awhile I understand why when you think there are up to 1200 people living here to work for the resort, tour companies etc and the infrustructure needs that come along with that and the servicing of some 400000+ tourists a year in a rather remote place. You soon begin to realise the cost. Curtin Springs is a bit of a drive from the rock etc. I think the bigger rip off here is the new $25.00 ea three day pass to get into the rock (Government Tax) and if you plan to climb make sure you get out there early as the climb gets closed a lot if it is to windy, hot or rain expected.
I hope not to deter you though this place is magic and you will love it when I see the rock each day I still get a bit awstruck .
Cheers
Tom
PS Make sure you get out to the olgas I think they are better than the rock it self.
AnswerID: 52584

Follow Up By: Eric from Cape York Connections - Tuesday, Mar 30, 2004 at 19:47

Tuesday, Mar 30, 2004 at 19:47
Tom it is a nice camp ground and the toilets ect nice and clean.
The walk into the vally of the winds at the olgas I think thats what its called is somthing very special.

All the best
Eric
FollowupID: 314404

Reply By: Member - The MALS (QLD) - Wednesday, Mar 31, 2004 at 09:17

Wednesday, Mar 31, 2004 at 09:17
GTee, we stayed at the Yulara campground in 2002 - good value for money. The sites are quite private and facilities excellent. The only negative was the water in a tank outside an amenities block - foul!!! Supermarket prices were surprisingly reasonable. Alcohol was very expensive so I would suggest you take your supplies with you. Fuel was 24 cents cheaper than Curtain Springs at the rock.
Also, at the Yulara Campground you can wander up the hill to see sunset on the rock with chair and drink. Much more comfortable than the rush out and back to Sunset strip!
Enjoy
AnswerID: 52615

Sponsored Links