are you there captain ?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Captain (WA) - Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 21:36

Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 21:36
Hi Russell
AnswerID: 52491

Reply By: Russell from Synforce Lubricants - Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 21:39

Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 21:39
you have inspired me (will explain later)
from memory you have a patrol ?
we know the book says CF4, but does it give any specific reference to detergeny and to the Jaso DH-1 spec.
regards russell
AnswerID: 52493

Reply By: Member - Captain (WA) - Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 22:04

Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 22:04
The manual states:

For Europe
API CF-4 (never use API CG-4 oil), ACEA B3-96.98 OR ACEA B3/E3-96.98, JASO DH-1

Except for Europe
API CD, CE, CF OR CF-4 (never use API CG-4 oil), JASO DH-1

There is no mention of detergency or ash levels. Just a standard viscosity / temp graph for viscosity selection.

Is your email address " a n d r e wATs y n f o r c e D O Tc o mDOTa u (sorry about the cryptics - stops the web crawlers). Can scan and send once I got the address.

Cheers

Captain
AnswerID: 52503

Follow Up By: Martyn (WA) - Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 22:12

Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 22:12
Captain,
How did you get the really good picture on my rig? Is that really 50 kilobytes's worth?
Keep the shiny side up

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 314298

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Tuesday, Mar 30, 2004 at 10:29

Tuesday, Mar 30, 2004 at 10:29
Captain (and others),
When you wish to send email to an Advertiser via the Forum, you simply click on their logo shown in the footer of their posts (in the same place as the members rig pic appears). For Advertisers, this pic links to their listing in the Business Search Engine that contains their email address as a form-based email which not only protects their email address from web-crawlers but is also measured by our stats system to provide them with some anaylsis on the activity against their Advertising campaigns. Please use the system correct for their benefit.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 314345

Reply By: Russell from Synforce Lubricants - Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 22:14

Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 22:14
thanks mark, you have confirmed what i believed.
at the conclusion of testing and futher lab stuf (semi cryptic, you know what i mean), i should have an announcment to make along the lines of one of your suggestions of late (a damm good one at that)
we were able to access jaso and gain specific detail as to DH-1, which we were not going to talk about just yet, but now have, and from that we got the formu (cryptic) basis for the end thingo.
if i have your email particulars at work, i will send one with more and uncrypted specifics, to which i think you will be delighted.
thanks again, russell
AnswerID: 52507

Follow Up By: Member - Captain (WA) - Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 23:29

Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 23:29
Thanks, I think??? Hopefully once the cryptic messages are no so cryptic, one will understand ;-)

I will contact you re: email address. Do not want to publish mine on the web, get enough junk mail from the crawlers already.

Cheers

Captain
FollowupID: 314314

Reply By: David N. - Tuesday, Mar 30, 2004 at 07:14

Tuesday, Mar 30, 2004 at 07:14
Captain,
Re e-mails and junk mail....
Get yourself a free hotmail or similar address for that purpose, you can keep your "regular" e-mail address a bit more private....
When the junk gets too annoying on hotmail just get another address... too easy.
Cheers
AnswerID: 52522

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Tuesday, Mar 30, 2004 at 10:33

Tuesday, Mar 30, 2004 at 10:33
Captain and Russell and others,
Since Captain is a Member, he can be sent off-forum emails using the Member Message system direct from any of Captains posts - see the Member Message button? This sends a message to him via our messaging system and also allows that Member to privately advice the email address in such a way that no webcrawler can detect it and it is not stored on the system nor can it be read by any other public readers of the forum as it is not on the forum - if you get what I mean. Since Russell is an advertiser, both he and Captain the member can communicate freely via the system without risk of email addresses being exposed.

We hope you will all benefit from the innovations we have employed on ExplorOz to protect your privacy yet provide you with enhanced ease of communicating with one another.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 52533

Sponsored Links