Comment: Petrol Toyota Landcruiser 200 fuel contamination and blockage problems

Thanks for that Boobook,

I think the logic here is that the use is as intended, remote travel. Fuel hygiene is standard and yet the vehicle has experienced a fuel pump blockage twice. In this case in Australia the use of a petrol vehicle to do this is unusual (not many 200 petrols) and not many cover as much remote dusty areas as we do. The design of the fuel system means that the pump will block first before the filter. It could be expected that Australia has dusty remote travel and that remote fuel stations may not have the most perfect fuel hygiene - these conditions and use could be foreseeable at the design stage - especially for the "world's toughest, best performing and most reliable 4WD". The result of the design means it can not be repaired by a typical owner in the bush compromising safety and reliability. Secondly the original contract with Toyota was for a diesel, which they failed to deliver by the promised date and offered a petrol instead (which I foolishly accepted).
I think there is something here to stir the pot a little....certainly it is a crappy design and doesn't perform as intended....
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links