Comment: Great Victoria Desert Wildflowers - August 2014

Hello Stephen

A nice selection of flower photos. I've had a quick look at your IDs and they look pretty good to me. I'll have a more detailed look tomorrow. I'm only an amateur, but I've been doing volunteer plant surveys in the GVD for some years with the Friends of the GVD - a great little organisation which you might be interested in joining. I also take a lot of plant photos - in fact I'm off to the Ngarkat Conservation Park in a few days to spend a bit of time recording the mallee flowers in spring.

I hope to be able to reply to you again tomorrow.

Bill
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:26

Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:26
Hi Bill

Thanks for that, and please let me know of any ones that I have identified incorrectly. A number of plants were only seen in certain areas, so it makes you wonder just what is out there.

I know that the Friends of the GVD do a great job, and I in the past thought about joining it, but the big problem is that we do not get to Adelaide very often, making it hard to attend your meetings.

I am sure if you have ready any of my Blogs from this years trip, but we covered some very interesting country that we were very privileged to get to travel through. There is so much to see out there and everytime I dig a little deeper, there seems to be something new to follow up for the next years trip out there.

I now have another great contact in Ceduna, and he has been so helpful with supplying me new facts on the area, and I am hoping to incorporate him with our plans for next August.

I hope the weather cools down a long for your Ngarkat trips, as it might be very warm down there, with our spate of hot weather lately.

Thanks for your most valued offer of help.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 549303

Sponsored Links