Comment: How to Settle Muddy Water

Good reading Steve and interesting results.. as it is only for showering the cook and I don't bother. we can go a few days (last trip 9days no shower) but a sponge bath will do the job as we both smell the same, or a swim in the river is even better. The idea is good if you are running low on drinking fluids. We have used an old stocking folded several times, to filter the larger fines then boil for drinking as well as purifying tablets. But no should never run that low on drinking water anyway. Another idea for drinking water if you are stuck is to dig a hole place a receptical in the centre cover the hole with clear plastic with a small stone in the centre to form a slight low point. place your fines around the outside of the plastic to form a seal and evaporation will do it's job, even at night. Not lots of water, but is better than none - Garry R
location - Warragul -Victoria
life is too short, so out and about enjoy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:27

Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:27
Hi Garry

I know where you are coming from, and in past desert trips, a sponge bath was all we would have, with our longest period of going with one was 15 days when we were very remote in the central Simpson Desert.

Even with our Great Victoria Desert venture, the sponge bath was the norm until last year when travelling with John and Suzette. They showed that it did not matter how remote you were, a very refreshing shower ever few days made you feel real human again.....lol.

It is also great to see even more great idea added from other members, which is great to read.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 549379

Sponsored Links