Canoe/kayak travels in lagoons/creeks of Bribie Island

Submitted: Monday, Mar 09, 2015 at 15:13
ThreadID: 116998 Views:1719 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,
Could some one please advise me if it is possible to canoe/kayak the length of the various creeks and lagoons i.e. Welsby, Mermaid, Norfolk, on the eastern beach of Bribie Island.
We are going there for the Easter holidays and I was wondering if it's worth taking the kayak.
Thanks
Kev.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: gelatr - Monday, Mar 09, 2015 at 21:57

Monday, Mar 09, 2015 at 21:57
There's probably more opportunities for kayaking on the western side of Bribie. I can't speak with any authority regard the kayakabililty of the eastern lagoons but if they're anything like the one at Double Island Point then you'll be fine.

I did hear from a friend that was at Bribie yesterday that one of the lagoons had burst its banks making the beach impassable. A few vehicles tried to cross the flow on the beach and didn't make it. Apparently it was quiet a spectacle. I can't tell you which lagoon/creek burst cause I didn't take that much notice. I would seek advice regarding the beach a bit closer to Easter as it might impact your plans.

Cheers Geoff
AnswerID: 549690

Reply By: gbc - Tuesday, Mar 10, 2015 at 06:56

Tuesday, Mar 10, 2015 at 06:56
yes you can paddle them. They are a unique looking sort of a landscape which makes it worthwhile. They aren't huge and are largely shallow. the bribie passage on the other side is also worth a paddle. Work the tides and you'll see more.
AnswerID: 549698

Sponsored Links