Photos on Explor Oz site

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 10, 2015 at 17:06
ThreadID: 117008 Views:1723 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone else have problems downloading photos to profile or blogs other than me?
My PC and explorOz site don't agree. Photos are on JPEG format and they don't fully upload, I don't have the same problem with facebook nor Drive.
I managed to upload some successfully with my Windows 8 tablet. All good until today every single photo was uploaded ok, the right photo shown in the little window and when I clicked save, it pasted another photo over and over again,so, I ended with a blog with 7 same photos. It is driving me insane. If someone can help I would be grateful.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Rob
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John - Tuesday, Mar 10, 2015 at 17:30

Tuesday, Mar 10, 2015 at 17:30
Ring Adele, I am sure she will be able to help you. mailto:info@exploroz.com
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 549721

Follow Up By: Member - John - Tuesday, Mar 10, 2015 at 17:32

Tuesday, Mar 10, 2015 at 17:32
oh for a "are you sure you want to send" screen...... that was supposed to be the phone number, not email... (08) 9467 4025
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 835143

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Tuesday, Mar 10, 2015 at 17:56

Tuesday, Mar 10, 2015 at 17:56
Notice that the button to the left of the Submit button is different? It is bright orange to get your attention so that you'll press that first. It is the Preview button. If you click that you can check it first. Then you can submit or edit.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 835146

Follow Up By: Member - John - Tuesday, Mar 10, 2015 at 18:07

Tuesday, Mar 10, 2015 at 18:07
Michelle, it could be a flashing orange button, but some times we just don't think before sending.......................
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 835150

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Tuesday, Mar 10, 2015 at 18:51

Tuesday, Mar 10, 2015 at 18:51
Rob,

Hope Michelle has helped you sort the problem out.

That's a stunning photograph on your profile mate.
I don't use that word very often, but it fits the dramatic scene you have captured.
You just gotta be in the right place at the right time hey!
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

AnswerID: 549725

Reply By: Mick O - Tuesday, Mar 10, 2015 at 22:47

Tuesday, Mar 10, 2015 at 22:47
Rob, I've had this issue myself. Two things worth mentioning.

1. Are you reducing the size of your photos to 1 Meg or less. They need to be reduced or they will simply not load. I shoot mine on the Canon 7D at 5-7 Meg. I can never load these so reduce my blog selections to 1 Meg or less. No worries in loading then.

2. And I think this is your problem. Photos that repetitively load or...you load new photos and an image of a photo you loaded the day before pops up instead, is a caching issue. It pops up every now and then even for me who had several thousand photos loaded to Blogs, Forum, places and profile etc. David is the man to explain it to you. It is rectifiable but I think it has a lot to do with the browser you may be using, particularly an old version of Internet Explorer. Have you tried Google Chrome or firefox. If you do, I think you'll find the problem will disappear.

Cheers Mick.

P.S. I've cc'd this to David Martin. He'll know the issue and advise accordingly. Best of luck and keep those great images coming.

''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 549742

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Wednesday, Mar 11, 2015 at 14:12

Wednesday, Mar 11, 2015 at 14:12
Rob,

Please try again and do not delete the images out regardless. Just create a test blog or something and then load a few pics. I need to see the result of this happening however we have no other current reports of a problem like this. If the image names are the same there could be an issue but I was under the impression I got around this.

So please try again and publish it so that I can see what renders.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 549768

Sponsored Links