Gibb River Road

Gday guys, it's the Old Dog here, have to start at Drysdale River Station the last week in April and was just wondering if anyone has any information on the road conditions. Yea I know it's early but just wondering.
Thanks. Me
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Tuesday, Mar 10, 2015 at 21:35

Tuesday, Mar 10, 2015 at 21:35
Given that a cyclone is possibly forming now off the WA coast it would be anybody's guess what the road conditions might be even next week.

Cheers,

Val.
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 549738

Follow Up By: rocco2010 - Tuesday, Mar 10, 2015 at 22:34

Tuesday, Mar 10, 2015 at 22:34
Hi John and Val

This tropical low is heading south and not expected to impact the Kimberley.

More interest will be in the Gascoyne catchment where there has been good rain and minor flooding in the past week. A cyclonic deluge might cause problems.

Hopefully it all works out well but of course rain in that region at this time points to a good wildflower season, as I am sure you know.

Some of us are hoping in might even bring some rain to Perth. Forecast is possible showers in storms in the South West at the weekend. That would be good. but not if you are camping like I will be!

Cheers
FollowupID: 835166

Reply By: Motherhen - Wednesday, Mar 11, 2015 at 00:33

Wednesday, Mar 11, 2015 at 00:33
Hi 772

Unless anything changes soon, you won't get there. The Kalumburu Road from the Gibb River Road to access Drysdale River is closed. At present Mount Barnett to Kalumburu Road, and Pentecost River to Kalumburu Road are also closed. A phonecall to Drysdale River Station will be your best chance of finding out when the road is open.

Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 549746

Follow Up By: Omaa - Wednesday, Mar 11, 2015 at 08:05

Wednesday, Mar 11, 2015 at 08:05
As Motherhen advised, phone Drysdale station for that road info anytime. We have friends, locals at Kununnura, who fish at Kalumburu almost yearly & always phone to check on the road before leaving.
FollowupID: 835172

Reply By: 772 - Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 12:22

Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 12:22
G'day fellas, just wanted to say thanks to those who replied to my question, we might be starting later than expected.
AnswerID: 549828

Sponsored Links