Bit_deals will not honour warranty

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 11, 2015 at 19:33
ThreadID: 117024 Views:4818 Replies:19 FollowUps:26
This Thread has been Archived
I would like everyone to know that it they intend to buy from the internet don't go to the bit-deals site .
I bought a caravan cover with 3 years warranty and the roof disintegrated after 6 months and they have refused to honour the warranty. See response below when I contacted them, I would like to know what they think a caravan cover is for if you can not subject it to the weather,

eBay™
We just received a resolution based on the photos provided.
Warranty is covered by the manufacturer and only covers for manufacturing faults , not for normal use and tear or if the item is damaged due to the action of external factors (ex. sun, wind, exposure to chemicals and so on ).
As can be seen in the photos, the white spots are very strange as they are irregularly displayed across the top. The outer layer couldn’t just disintegrate by itself.
If there was to be a material fault, the damage should be on the whole cover, not just located in some places. Also the sides seem to be completely intact.
Whatever the cause, we conclude that the damage was caused by the action of an external phenomenon.
Unfortunately in this case the warranty is voided.

Best Regards,
Bit Deals Team
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Barry H (WA) - Wednesday, Mar 11, 2015 at 19:58

Wednesday, Mar 11, 2015 at 19:58
Hi Tony C16,

I bought my solar panels from Bit deals and had a claim for the connectors, they honoured it no problems, good company to deal with.

Regards

Barry H
AnswerID: 549790

Reply By: Mick O - Wednesday, Mar 11, 2015 at 21:55

Wednesday, Mar 11, 2015 at 21:55
That's a disappointment Tony, almost as bigger disappointment as your attitude and your first and only post on Exploroz being so poorly intentioned and negative.

Unlike you, I know at least eight people who have purchased solar equipment through Bit-deals, including myself. I have had three of their 100W panels on my truck for four years without issue. I have and will continue to recommend them in respect to solar products.

If you're going to slag off a company please have the guts to do so openly and honestly rather than cowering behind an anonymous visitor profile.

You also fail to mention whether you've bothered to speak with the company regarding the matter. They've outlined what their issue is and mate, IT LOOKS LIKE IT'S YOUR FAULT! Rather than deal with it, rationally, you sook on this and god knows how many other forums.

While I have absolutely no affiliation with Bit-deals other than as a satisfied customer, I'm very keen to see what the company has to say about you and this case so will follow that up tomorrow and post results for all to see.

Man up sport. This is not the site for your bitching. It's just not cricket.

''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 549798

Follow Up By: Batt's - Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 00:53

Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 00:53
Jeez what a carry on so what if he's a visitor and it's his first post does that mean he is discriminated against obviously in your eyes all of us visitors are scum he's just explaining and voicing his opinion on their reply. Maybe you should settle down and read it again. You seem to be doing all the bitching as well maybe you should read you reply again build a bridge.
FollowupID: 835206

Follow Up By: AlbyNSW - Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 05:46

Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 05:46
I do get where Mick is coming from but maybe a little harsh
It can easily be construed that the OP is here and who knows where else in a bid to seek revenge on a company that they were not happy with.

Reading Bit Deals response it sounds like they have given the claim fair consideration not just ignored it and may well be correct that the fabric has broken down in places due to a 3rd party contamination

The OP may not be happy with their response but it may well be correct just the same.

I have been told on a couple of occasions by Dept Of Fair Trading officers that the majority of complaints they receive are from consumers with unrealistic expectations more so than from vendors not doing the right thing. Warranties are conditional
FollowupID: 835209

Follow Up By: OBJ - Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 08:20

Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 08:20
I have had dealing with Bit Deals and found them attentive, honest and quick to respond to matters I presented them with. I agree with Mick.
OBJ
FollowupID: 835213

Follow Up By: The Landy - Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 08:38

Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 08:38
I’m pleased that the post has been “called-out” by Mick O.

First and foremost ExplorOz is intended for people to share experiences of travelling this great country of ours, and for the most part that is what people do, whether in the forum or blogs section.

At times we see posts that are critical of service providers or suppliers, some informative, but most designed simply to inflict reputational damage on a business without a full (and possibly true) representation of the facts.

To Mick’s point; in this case it is not someone who posts frequently and contributes more broadly, but a one-off first time post where it appears the only interest the poster has in the ExplorOz website is to use it as a mouth-piece to vent an issue with a retailer.

In the absence of the poster having any real credibility that one can view in terms of prior posts, I'd like to see first time posts critical of retailers moderated - they add no real value whatsoever.

My two bob’s worth…moving on!

Baz – The Landy
FollowupID: 835215

Follow Up By: AlbyNSW - Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 09:09

Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 09:09
Well said Baz
One of the biggest negatives of social media is the ability to discredit another without substantiation

His gripe may well be justified but how is anyone to know as he has no track record to judge by but a third party is getting tarnished in the process

I recently got caught up in a stoush on another popular 4WD forum where a tyre manufacturer was discredited in an unsubstantiated manor and I suggested it should of been moderated as I thought the post was unfair

This heavily moderated forum who will lock your post on petty issues of not having your signature filled in correctly or posting in the wrong section had no issue with the defamation

I have no issue with people sharing their experiences but it should be done transparently and fairly with enough information for others to form their own opinion
FollowupID: 835218

Follow Up By: Mick O - Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 09:31

Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 09:31
Batts I’m sorry you see the need to make such a divisive and unnecessary assertion. This is nothing to do with member/visitor status. It could be more about me becoming less tolerant in my old age however I never make a distinction regarding how a contributer attends this site, either as a visitor or member and I’m sure that a scroll down through my posts and responses over many years , you will be hard pressed to find one that maligns or denigrates anyone. Despite the need for some to deliberately flame, exaggerate, incite or be divisive, I’ve always found that these types are best left to themselves. Their actions are always picked up by the membership and seen for what they are (and just so you are clear Batts, I’m certainly NOT making that distinction of this poster).

What I do get upset about, and this case is a classic example, is where someone uses the site on a one off basis, purely out of self interest to malign a trader or company they are not happy with. It lacks credibility, substance and value. It denigrates the trader and EO. Baz said it most succinctly so I’ll paraphrase that.

“To Mick’s point; in this case it is not someone who posts frequently and contributes more broadly, but a one-off first time post where it appears the only interest the poster has in the ExplorOz website is to use it as a mouth-piece to vent an issue with a retailer.
In the absence of the poster having any real credibility that one can view in terms of prior posts, I'd like to see first time posts critical of retailers moderated - they add no real value whatsoever.”

Hopefully this careful explanation has made this clearer to both you and the OP.

Cheers Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 835222

Reply By: TomH - Wednesday, Mar 11, 2015 at 22:57

Wednesday, Mar 11, 2015 at 22:57
Agree with Mick to a certain extent.

What caused the white spots and how big are they.

Could be bird poo which will take paint off cars never mind ruining a cover.

If it is and you didnt clean it off its your problem for failing to look after it.

Did you read the warranty when or before you bought it.

Obviously from what they say it is for manufacturers faults only.

Not entirely satisfactory but buyer beware I guess.
AnswerID: 549801

Follow Up By: Zippo - Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 00:08

Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 00:08
Without wanting to start a war here, there is in Australian consumer law a requirement that a product is fit for purpose. I for one would assume that a caravan cover is suitable to cover a caravan out in the weather, and expect nothing less.

Whether the O/P's cover's issues fall under that requirement I cannot say as I haven't seen it, but certainly everybody jumping down his throat should keep it in mind.
FollowupID: 835202

Reply By: fisho64 - Wednesday, Mar 11, 2015 at 23:05

Wednesday, Mar 11, 2015 at 23:05
I have not had a warranty claim with Bit Deals, but their solar panels deals are second to none in price, speed of delivery and very very good quality as far as Im concerned.
It does seem to be a very measured response from them, they do seem to have given it due consideration.
Whether they are correct, who knows.
AnswerID: 549802

Reply By: Tony C16 - Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 07:54

Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 07:54
For all those that criticise my last post a bit of history on my experience with caravans and covers,

I sent emails to bit_deals after there response and had no answers. I have owned caravans for over 30 years and used covers for the last 15 all the covers in the past have lasted at least 2 years before they start to break down exactly the way this one has from bit_deals and some 3 years .
Has for the comment the spots are bird poo this person obviously has had no experience with covers. When I rub my hand over where the so called spots are the top layer comes of.
So ok criticise my response but I am stating facts as they present . would like to hear from someone who has purchased a cover from bit_deals and there experience.

There was no detail re warranty on the web site except 3 years warranty clearly stated. Did not say not warranted against the weather.

most of the people that responded to the post relates to other items and not covers . My final word if Caravans covers even when uv treated are not meant to be exposed to the weather what are they for
AnswerID: 549811

Follow Up By: Member - Bruce C (NSW) - Friday, Mar 13, 2015 at 20:02

Friday, Mar 13, 2015 at 20:02
Tony,
You might be well advised to take it up with the Fair Trading Authority in your state. It would sound from your description that the product was probably not fit for the proposed use.

Given that they are not cheap, generally, it would be worth following up.

I have used Bit Deals many times and have nothing but praise for that particular supplier, especially with their follow-up with my warranty claim.
Mind you, that was in the early days of this particular suppliers beginnings on eBay.

Cheers, Bruce.
At home and at ease on a track that I know not and
restless and lost on a track that I know. HL.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 835321

Reply By: vk1dx - Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 07:58

Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 07:58
How about posting the photos.
AnswerID: 549812

Reply By: Member - mark D18 - Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 09:43

Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 09:43
Tony

You are entitled to have your opinion on your experience with the cover.
Seems to me some of the formites want to be the forum moderators.

Cheers
AnswerID: 549818

Follow Up By: The Landy - Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 10:04

Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 10:04
Mark

Moderation is the responsibility of all…

And whilst there is no doubt the original poster is entitled to an opinion, I question whether this is the right “forum” for it, and I have no problem calling that out to the owners of the website.

Baz – The Landy
FollowupID: 835229

Follow Up By: Member - mark D18 - Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 12:23

Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 12:23
Landy

Yes he may have been a bit harsh on bit deals ( most of the punters on this forum think they are ok ) But I cant see why he cannot bring up the problem up on this forum .
Yes moderation is a responsibility for as all , but it is a fine line that at times should be tested,( than the moderators can step in ) it not a perfect world out there.
That just my opinion.

Cheers
Safe travels on your next trip

FollowupID: 835237

Reply By: get outmore - Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 12:03

Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 12:03
well yes the post is a bit suss
but to take it on face value if they claimed the warranty is against manafacturwers defects only they are blatently WRONG
a caravan cover should be able to do just that and cover a caravan so if it has deteriated to the point it can no longer do this it is not fit for purpose which is also covered by any warranty
as long as it hasnt been subjected to anything considered unforseen like the neighbour spraying acid onto it
also a cover would not be expected to take cyclones or severe storms

it definitly WOULD be expected to withstand sun and wind unless it specifically says for undurcover use only
AnswerID: 549827

Reply By: Idler Chris - Vic - Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 14:00

Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 14:00
Again we see a visitor complaining about their treatment "discriminated against obviously in your eyes all of us visitors are scum". As a life member I welcome everyone, and this site would most probably not exist without all the so called "visitors". It is a personal choice whether to become a member or not and membership does not all of a sudden make you more knowledgeable or your opinion worth more.
Forums are about credibility. Anyone can go online and post what ever they like. We know there are trolls and others who seem to take a great delight in stirring pots everywhere. To be taken seriously on any forum you need to build a creditability and this is done by being a regular poster and having a profile so others can understand a bit about you. Would you take the word of a man you meet in the street without knowing anything about him - I think not.
Tony C16 started his post with "I would like everyone to know that it they intend to buy from the internet don't go to the bit-deals site". He then goes on to explain the problems he has had with only ONE product. A very harsh treatment of a business.
So what are Tony C16 credentials in making such a statement? Well we do not know because he has not told us. Photo's, this is a classic post where there should have been some photo's so that the reader can more clearly see what the poster is on about.

Now when Mick O read this I dare say that he may not of been having one of his better days, saw red, and wrote what he wrote. Mick is a prolific contributor to this site and his efforts have help thousands who have read his blogs and posts. When you read his contributions it is quite evident that he is very tolerant, fair, knowledgeable, and he has established his credibility. Mick is only one of many very credible people who post on this forum and I would suggest that readers need to look more carefully at who are making the posts and what is there credibility.
If you are going to post on this forum I would encourage you to give more information at the start, the better the information, who you are, where are you coming from, etc, the better and more meaningful the responses will be.
I agree with The Landy, I think the moderation rules should require more evidence if a poster is to suggest not to do business with someone. Pictures tell a thousand words so maybe the moderation rules should also require photo's where appropriate.
What other people think of me is none of my business.
Do unto others what you would have them do unto you.

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 549833

Reply By: Louwai - Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 14:17

Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 14:17
I think that one of the issues is that many online sellers (on ebay & the like, not singleing out Bit-Deals) don't adhear to, or don't know the rules & regulations around retail sales in Australia. Some unintentionally & others take advantage.

Another issue is that the majority of purchasers also have no idea of the rules & regulations, and expect the same service / response as if they were to go to a shop & deal face to face.
Many people don't understand the definition of "manufacturer's Warranty", & assume this to mean an item is 100% waranted.

I have seen things for sale on ebay (by established ebay retailers) that blatently break every rule in the book, but people still buy them, and then when there is an issue, the purchaser expects full waranty or full refund etc, and get upset when their complaints are brushed off or ignored.

Many retailers are great, & many retailers are a bit dodgy.
The purchaser should do their due dilligence on both the retailer & the specific product they are interested in.

I'm a big believer of publicising my experiences with service providers & retailers, weather they be good or bad experiences. If I had a poor experience with a specific business & said nothing, I would be upset with myself if I saw a later poor report from someone else knowing that my experience could have helped them to avoid their bad experience. Likewise, if I received exceptional service or great prices from a business, that should be rewarded with referrals.
I also believe that those publications need to be factual & explanatory for both fairness to the business involved & for the writer's legal protection against defamation.

AnswerID: 549834

Follow Up By: Member - mark D18 - Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 16:54

Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 16:54
Louwai

Well written.

That is the point of this and any forum , it is to help people make the right decision on products they have purchased or are thinking about purchasing
Straight to the point and not at all self righteous.
I hope the bad day syndrome is not catchy

Cheers
FollowupID: 835251

Reply By: kevmac....(WA) - Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 14:50

Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 14:50
Tony C16

Maybe get an independent & documented assessment of the damage and try again with Bit_deals. That is, if said independant assessment backs your claims. I myself have never had problems with them.
AnswerID: 549835

Reply By: Kris and Kev - Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 16:46

Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 16:46
Tony C16
Welcome to the wonderful world of being a non member and an outcast on this forum. I rarely enter discussions on here now even if someone asks a question and I know I could assist. Some members are very ???? not sure what you would call them? Take heart that others have been attacked over the years so just don’t worry about it. Obviously you had an issue and thought someone here could help. We all are not that stupid that one person’s experience with a company would put us off dealing with them, but it is nice to know others experiences. Best of luck. Kevin
AnswerID: 549839

Follow Up By: Member - mark D18 - Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 17:02

Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 17:02
Kris and Kev

As disgruntled punter wrote on this forum a couple of months ago; Its turned into an old farts forum. ( but its not everyone just a few bloggers who must be at least 180 years old.

Cheers
FollowupID: 835252

Follow Up By: AlbyNSW - Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 17:59

Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 17:59
I have read this a couple of times here about being discriminated against being a non member

Maybe I am thick skinned or perhaps just too stupid to know when I have been treated as an inferior as I have never felt that way here.

FollowupID: 835255

Follow Up By: BarryR1 - Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 20:13

Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 20:13
Don't know what you're on about Kris or Kev. You certainly got all the help you needed when ever you asked the forum about trailers, vans or places to stay. You even liked the blog reports from various members and commented so on the forum

I've read the post several times now, even read it slowly so I was sure. Nowhere can I see where the OP asked for any help. He simply wanted to slag a business which is what he has done.

It is a forum after all, some people contribute, some don't. Some just do silly things. You're not happy because you were expecting what??

Perhaps you and Mark should get together. You could ride dolphins off into the sunset together to the Facebook page of your choice lol.

Cheers. Baz (visitor and not so old fart)

FollowupID: 835258

Follow Up By: The Landy - Friday, Mar 13, 2015 at 08:57

Friday, Mar 13, 2015 at 08:57
Kev,

On members and non-members…

I don’t think most people really care too much, everyone should simply endeavour to contribute in the best possible way they can, this might be financially through membership, or in other ways that are just as tangible.

Cheers, Baz – The Landy
FollowupID: 835270

Follow Up By: Member - mark D18 - Friday, Mar 13, 2015 at 11:56

Friday, Mar 13, 2015 at 11:56
Sorry Baz .
For a bloke who knows as much as you I thought you must have been very very old.
Bummer misjudged someone again .!!!

Cheers

FollowupID: 835278

Reply By: pop2jocem - Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 21:43

Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 21:43
Maybe at this point everyone should take a chill pill washed down with whatever happens to be your favourite beverage and also gulp down a few lungfuls of fresh air.

Regardless of who is having a bad hair day maybe use the "preview" button and have a read of what you have just written with an open mind.

Cheers
Pop
AnswerID: 549854

Follow Up By: Member - mark D18 - Friday, Mar 13, 2015 at 12:52

Friday, Mar 13, 2015 at 12:52
Pop

No one needs to take a chill pill , its only a discussion among adults.
Its just someone's opinion.
But go for the beverage anyhow.

Cheers
FollowupID: 835280

Follow Up By: pop2jocem - Friday, Mar 13, 2015 at 20:02

Friday, Mar 13, 2015 at 20:02
Thanks Mark,

I'll go and grab that beverage right away.

I can't remember exactly where I read them but they seemed to be a couple of pretty good ideas.

"Keep your word soft and sweet, you never know when you may have to eat them."

"Tact is the ability to get ones point across without stabbing someone with it."

Anyway, to the fridge. (;=))

Cheers
Pop

FollowupID: 835322

Follow Up By: Member - mark D18 - Saturday, Mar 14, 2015 at 08:30

Saturday, Mar 14, 2015 at 08:30
Pop

Enjoy

Cheers
FollowupID: 835335

Reply By: Tony C16 - Saturday, Mar 14, 2015 at 08:49

Saturday, Mar 14, 2015 at 08:49
I would like to thank everyone who responded to my post.

It appears that there are a few log time members who think that they run the forum with there not so nice replies without reading and taking in what was trying to be relayed. . With there attitude towards a person that post for the first would certainly discourage people from becoming a financial member.

Thank goodness that the majority are not like this.

I would also like to point out that my experiences with caravans and caravan covers over a long period of time gives me the experience to know when a caravan cover is faulty. the false advertising on bit_deals web site that is clearly marked 3 years warranty no details saying that it is not covered against sun or rain should be removed or the full details included.

I also notice that none of the respondents have mentioned that they purchased a caravan cover from bit_deals and there experience with the covers.

So once again thank you all for your responses and if I decide to become a financial member I will post some photos which you can not as a visitor
AnswerID: 549948

Follow Up By: Shaker - Saturday, Mar 14, 2015 at 13:33

Saturday, Mar 14, 2015 at 13:33
With respect, I think you will find that some people may be getting frustrated with the forum becoming a soapbox for people to publicly denigrate manufacturers & suppliers with posts that are mostly unsubstantiated.

FollowupID: 835350

Follow Up By: Allan B (Member, SunCoast) - Saturday, Mar 14, 2015 at 14:06

Saturday, Mar 14, 2015 at 14:06
Shaker makes a good point.

Tony, with your.... "I would like everyone to know..." etc. it looked more like 'spleen-venting' than public assistance.

Tell you what Tony, EO Membership is on special at just $29.95.
I'll pay it for you so that you can post the same photos as to Bit Deals and we can all offer an informed opinion.
Cheers
Allan

FollowupID: 835352

Follow Up By: The Landy - Saturday, Mar 14, 2015 at 15:00

Saturday, Mar 14, 2015 at 15:00
Tony

Here was the thing about your post from my perspective...

Imagine, you and your friends standing around the camp-fire, having a laugh, a bit of banter, a bit of ribbing, and some bloke turns up, unknown to anyone and starts bagging someone or something,. No introduction or background, not even a “this was my experience” just what appeared to be a sledge because you were disgruntled at an outcome that wasn't favourable to you...

How would you respond?

How would you expect others to respond?

I'm sure many have been there seen that happen!

The ExplorOz website is very informative with plenty of topics covered, blog stories, treks and plenty of other bits and pieces that are very useful for people with an interest in travelling Australia, or four-wheel driving…

Take the time to tell us some more about yourself, maybe you might find this is a pretty good place to hang out, to learn, to share and that most, if not all who visit are pretty fair minded and reasonable people – but it is a two-way street!

Baz – The Landy
FollowupID: 835357

Reply By: Tony C16 - Saturday, Mar 14, 2015 at 15:06

Saturday, Mar 14, 2015 at 15:06
Thanks Allan

Your very kind offer is extremely generous and if I accepted I can imagine the out cry from some of the others on this forum. If you had a contact I would be happy to email you the photos

May be a bit more info on my past just to show that I am a genuine person I have been very involved in the 4wd movement for many years I was the clubs trips coordinator for a few years lead trips across the Simpson desert have done the Gibb river road the Abandoned section of the Gunbarrel highway between Yulara and Wiluna done sections of the Canning recently been around Australia for the 3rd time and lead may trips in to the high country.
My wife was also the clubs secretary.
I have bought many items off the internet and had no problems all the feed back of me as a buyer is 100% positive this is the only time I have had a problem with a supplier.
AnswerID: 549955

Follow Up By: Idler Chris - Vic - Saturday, Mar 14, 2015 at 15:18

Saturday, Mar 14, 2015 at 15:18
Tony, copy your photo's here and I will put them up for you.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7twYBC8-mbqSC05UEdUWHo0clk&usp=sharing
What other people think of me is none of my business.
Do unto others what you would have them do unto you.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 835359

Follow Up By: Allan B (Member, SunCoast) - Saturday, Mar 14, 2015 at 15:31

Saturday, Mar 14, 2015 at 15:31
Sure thing Tony,

Click on "My Profile" at the bottom of my post to reveal my email address. Or use Chris' offer above.
Cheers
Allan

FollowupID: 835360

Follow Up By: Steve in Kakadu - Saturday, Mar 14, 2015 at 16:04

Saturday, Mar 14, 2015 at 16:04
You don't need to be a member to post photos, you just have to have them on something like photo bucket etc and then post the link to the photo into the insert images &files button.
FollowupID: 835362

Reply By: Allan B (Member, SunCoast) - Saturday, Mar 14, 2015 at 15:54

Saturday, Mar 14, 2015 at 15:54
Tony has emailed the photos to me as below:

Cheers
Allan

AnswerID: 549958

Reply By: Tony C16 - Monday, Mar 16, 2015 at 19:31

Monday, Mar 16, 2015 at 19:31
Thanks Allan

Did not realise the affect that photos would have, has not been any post since you uploaded the photos re bit_deals positive or negative.

Kind Regards and thank you once again for your assistance

Tony
AnswerID: 550072

Follow Up By: Allan B (Member, SunCoast) - Monday, Mar 16, 2015 at 20:31

Monday, Mar 16, 2015 at 20:31
I was also surprised at the halt in postings. I thought that some would have an idea of the reason for the fabric damage. I have had no experience with such.
Cheers
Allan

FollowupID: 835507

Reply By: TomH - Monday, Mar 16, 2015 at 20:23

Monday, Mar 16, 2015 at 20:23
Looks like the surface has come off. Saw one that looked similar recently adn thats what had happened. Was only a couple of years old as well. He chucked it in the bin.
AnswerID: 550074

Reply By: Allan B (Member, SunCoast) - Thursday, Mar 19, 2015 at 00:12

Thursday, Mar 19, 2015 at 00:12
Tony has provided more photos for me to post...........

"Hi again Allan.
thought you may be interested in another photo of the cover after about 7 mm of rain last night. Also department of fair trading contacted me and said the response from bitdeals regarding the warranty was unbelievable.
Regards
Tony"

Cheers
Allan

AnswerID: 551191

Sponsored Links